Graphic Designer & Creative Content Producer
Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage.
- Develop strategic and creative proposals and development of visual projects (graphic design, images, videos, animations) linked to marketing & communications, events, collaborations, partnerships, films, shows, and product launches.
- Work closely alongside other divisions of the Communications team, Digital Team, MM Intl Communication Offices, Studio, CRM, Eshopnand Wholesale.
- Provide brand image oversight throughout internal and external visual & graphic activities to ensure the brand identity standards are kept and visual codes are preserved
Job responsibilities and activities
- Develop and Conceive on-brand tools, presentations, and graphic assets for the following departments, as well as external parties. Projects are mostly based on a brief by the respective department. These include but are not limited to:
- Brand collateral, invites, brochures, stationary
- Graphic design & layout support for Social Media team
Graphic design for Social Media & PR & International Offices
- Manage content layout & formatting for select social assets (IG story, vignettes, etc)
- Manage Digital and Press team on video and photography editing (stills, videos, animations)
- Support in visual concept development
- Based on briefs by International MM offices – mostly APAC – develop customer gift concepts, hoarding & out of home designs, invitations, etca assets
Brand Deck and Identity
- Survey of historical MM and MM6 brand identity
Research & Ideation
- Research, Follow-up and Guidance on proposals for the communication department for creative briefings & special projects (Collaborations, Recicla, New Retail stores)
- Research techniques, technologies, concepts, that are in line with Creative Director’s vision of MM / MM6
- Support on concept brainstorm, production, set design and creative approach
- Press Printed & Digital Lookbook creation
- Digital & Print VIC loobook
- Design of Retail and HR Tools (bags shopping, buisness cards, print, etc)
- Gifting concepts for VIC in relation with the production team
- Support PR and Digital Team on deck and ideation for creative proposal, briefing deck and research
- Oversee print and digital invitations, packaging, gifts etc for all special events WW, based on briefs by regional teams
- Manage Region-specific assets ( i.e Chinese New Year) in partnership with Digital Team
MM Shows/ Films
- Content Management for all in-house filming procedures (process work, fittings, styling) & filming at Staff Int: Organize, archive, pre-edit captured footage of in-house footage for Co-Ed and Artisanal seasonal films
- Liaising with external partners to provide Edit notes, directions and feedback.
- Organization, referencing of archival Co-Ed and Artisanal footage
- Responsible for in-house footage data research and special request video edits
- Oversee Backstage photography & concepts at runway show ( if shows take place)
- Create print/digital invitations
- Support on production and show/film assets
- Content creation for MM6 (invitation, teasers, photography, Instagram filter, backstage video & assets)
- MM6 backstage content (filming / shooting / editing)
- In store gifting (zine, look book, other assets)
- Manage and negotiate with externals parties for printed graphic projects and special invitation
Skills and experience
- 3-5 Years of Graphic Design experience in an agency, Magazine, or in-house a luxury brand or in culture & the arts
- Fluid English speaking and writing skills
- Strategically-minded paired with an esthetic awareness of what is suitable for the visual language of Maison Margiela
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)