Menswear Styling Editor
- Contract Type
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our Guimarães office is located in this beautiful and historic city, often described as the 'birthplace of Portugal'. This is where our European Production team is based, in a custom-built office and studio facility which has a games room, music area and unbeatable chill out zone with a hammock that fits up to 20 people!
Farfetch is enterprising in its vast and unique fashion proposition. The product imagery has to be reflective of our global customer, product USP and has to be a driver in raising the fashion credibility of the site. Reporting to the Studio's Manager, the Menswear Styling Editor will be an important driving force, working to enhance the style content of the images, ensuring exceptional execution in our production facility to produce inspirational 'market leader' product shots on models.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Improve quality of our menswear imagery and overall customer experience considering Production needs;
- Create training sessions for styling team development to ensure continuous improvement on quality.
- Work with the Studio Manager to hire the strongest candidates for your team and for future growth;
- Propose quality driving projects to support our growth with Senior Global Styling Manager approval and implementation;
- Work with Senior Global Styling Manager on seasonal trends and on the ground to support/coach menswear styling team members on guidelines and creative styling direction;
- Look for ways to constantly improve the image quality, and support any new projects/brand launches, whilst working with your team to achieve best practice and results;
- Ensure your team are meeting production capacity and reshoot targets while meeting quality metrics;
- Work with the Creative Team to deliver strategic projects, provide regular and rounded feedback to the menswear team and guarantee a cohesive global approach to training and styling execution;
WHO YOU ARE
- Detailed knowledge of menswear trends, designers and brands. Understand the menswear fashion industry and how to translate that into a ecommerce industry;
- Sound Photography and Art Direction knowledge to ensure guidelines are accomplished.
- Motivated to promote changes within limited time frames and able to re-prioritize according to requirements;
- Mentor skills with team development experience, can train and motivate teams to work on quality delivery and also act as a team player;
- 6 or more years proven menswear styling experience within editorial and luxury e-commerce;
- Expert knowledge of men's tailoring, fine watches and other specialist mens styling categories;
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- FARFETCH Equity plan
- Flexible benefits program
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.