HEAD OF DESIGN
Are you our next Head of Design? As Head of Design at Gymshark lead the team to execute on the Design and Creative Direction and guiding them in making design decisions that promote disruptive ideas and consumer benefits. You will be responsible for delivering seasonal product and working on future ideas with your team that tie back to the business strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Inspiring the team to deliver world class product relevant to the needs of the customer, market, and design direction.
- Responsible for on time delivery of a seasonal collection of technical products from concept to market under leadership of Design director/ Creative director.
- Driving and inspiring the team to execute design direction through aesthetic, silhouette, materials, technology, sustainability, and trend to deliver the seasonal vision.
- Have the ability to communicate design vision to the team clearly and through detailed technical sketches.
- Have an understanding of fit and form and ability to guide and partner with product development to land fit intent.
- Managing timelines and calendar deadlines to ensure each season is delivered meeting cost and quality targets.
- Working with your cross functional partners across the product team and the business to ensure the design strategy is executed and comes to life through quality, aesthetic, purpose, fit, and cost.
- Contributing and collaborating on seasonal design briefs with your Product Management partners.
- Responsible for clear communication on product to the cross functional teams about design concepts, colour, silhouette as it relates to the end use and overall strategy.
- Be able to develop and introduce new practices and processes that inspire, disrupt and encourage new ways of thinking for the design team.
- Traveling to vendors as needed and travel for market research.
- Preparing presentations to discuss and delivery design concepts and communicate
- Building trust with business partners to ensure we continue to unite the conditioning community through product.
What you'll need:
- Experience in leading and managing a team of creatives.
- Industry leading experience in implementing and executing on design and creative direction.
- Relevant industry experience in technical product and knowledge and experience in design, fit, pattern, and fashion.
- An understanding of the fitness industry.
- You'll be the type of person who is detail oriented.
- Clear and constructive communication skills.
- To be a listener, leader and mentor.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Entrepreneurial and agile approach.
- Proficient in Adobe illustrator, photoshop, excel, and mac platforms.
When normal office working resumes, our expectation would require you to attend GSHQ, Solihull, UK a couple of days a week.
WE HIRE PEOPLE.
Real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities and background and body that is completely individual. Together, all these unique humans make Gymshark stronger.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce systems
Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
Full private medical insurance with no excess
25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
A truly flexible working culture
A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
Employer pension contributions up to 7%
Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
50% Gymshark Discount
Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
Choice of hardware and access to the best software
Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS CAMPUS PERKS.
Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
Free monthly massages
Beauty and Barber facilities
Free on-site parking