Junior Production Assistant
The Erdem Production team are offering an opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate who would like to gain experience of working within a Production Department of a high end womenswear brand, for a fixed term of 6 months.
Reporting in to an assigned member of the production team, you will be assisting the team during the entire production cycle from confirmed sales orders, receiving bulk fabric and trims, working with patterns, embroidery and beading, Pre Production sampling, through to quality control of finished Production garments.
This role is suitable for candidates with internship experience, within a production department, looking to further their career in production.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and packing raw materials to send to factories for production.
- Preparing Pre-Production Sample materials to send to factories.
- Assisting with logistical package deliveries and collections, inclusive of product collections from manufacturers.
- Daily co-ordination and organisation of fabrics and trims.
- Assisting with quality control checks on print & embroidery panels and other seasonal trims under supervision
- Creating Season Fabric Books for manufacturers
- Occasional hand embroidery, beading and other minor hand sewing.
- Conduct fabric inventory stock take at the end of the season
- Assisting the Production Assistant with seasonal care labels
- Measuring samples ready for fitting
- Carry out supervised QC of RTW and JEWELLERY through the Studio, including Labelling and final packaging.
- Managing inventory of PP samples & Faulty Production
- General studio administration tasks
- Hands on can-do attitude with an exceptional work ethic
- Prepared to complete a variety of tasks
- Ability to think on their feet with excellent problem-solving skills
- May be required to work a few extra hours should deadlines require.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized, able to work independently and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
You Will Learn / Receive Training On:
- Measuring samples and production size set
- Understanding of garment construction
- Gain a good knowledge of a variety of fabrics and trims and their suitability to styles.
- Working with print placement and fabric direction/ layplan
- How to work to a schedule / Time Management
- Gain an understanding of the production life cycle.