JUNIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPER
Are you our next Junior Product Developer? You will be responsible for supporting the team in managing the development and execution of styles from concept to launch. You will assist the team to bring to market, world class, fit for purpose product, built and engineered to Gymshark standards. You will be responsible for the day to day operational tasks, to deliver the goals and objectives as set by the Development Manager – in line with the company vision.
You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your technical skills and expertise to enable you to bring to life exciting and functional product for the Gymshark consumer. As a Junior Product Developer, you will collaborate with other product functions to support the Senior PD to deliver the seasonal strategies.
What you'll be doing:
- Planning and organising allocated workload.
- Co-ordinating daily communication with Regional offices and cross functional teams to plan and execute all aspects of development.
- Working cross-functionally to support the seasonal targets.
- Proactively engaging in R&D to explore new ideas.
- Reporting and tracking against the Product Creation Calendar and Critical Path.
- Collaborating with Senior PD and Materials team on new fabric, trim and logo developments.
- Assisting in Design/Development workshops to action pre-costing and development.
- Supporting the Senior developer to deliver quality products, against target margins whilst maintaining design aesthetics, and adhering to Product briefs
- Assisting in the daily management of styles/collections from concept to launch.
- Supporting the Development team with Design handovers.
- Creating Tech Packs and BOM’s with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Assisting the Developers in fittings and proto reviews – preparing, checking, measuring samples, taking notes during fittings, assisting in taking pictures and updating PLM system.
- Occasional travel to suppliers and/or trade shows, comp-shopping.
- Administrative support for Development specific tasks such as: market research and projects, travel booking, sample room maintenance, coordinating supplier shipments
- Collating returns data for analysis.
- Works collaboratively with other Product Developers to share knowledge and expertise and follows consistent working practices across Development.
- Establish strong working relationships with Regional offices.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to support the evolvement of the Product team.
- Collaborate with Product Operations team to support and contribute to key projects where necessary and the Development Lab, to trial new construction ideas and solutions
Knowledge and Opportunity:
- Opportunity to manage own styles from concept to launch with Senior PD supervision.
- Opportunity to bring your technical knowledge to life in a Global Sportwear business.
- Support the team in establishing Gymshark standards, to drive best-in-class development.
- Identify opportunities to develop your skills and bring new ideas to the team
- Support PLM implementation, and training.
What you'll need:
- An appropriate qualification or equivalent in apparel sector or similar experience.
- Keen interest in sports/performance apparel.
- Good understanding of garment construction and engineering.
- Good understanding of performance fabrics.
- Knowledge of pattern making an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Flexible and open to evolving business needs and priorities.
- Keen to build a strong commercial awareness and understanding.
- Resourceful and uses initiative to grow and develop knowledge and skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Adobe Illustrator.
When normal office working resumes, our expectation would require you to attend GSHQ, Solihull, UK a couple of days a week.
WE HIRE PEOPLE.
Real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities and background and body that is completely individual. Together, all these unique humans make Gymshark stronger.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for or considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not, and will not, tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing e-commerce systems
Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
Full private medical insurance with no excess
25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
A truly flexible working culture
A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
Employer pension contributions up to 7%
Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
50% Gymshark Discount
Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
Choice of hardware and access to the best software
Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS CAMPUS PERKS.
Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
Free monthly massages
Beauty and Barber facilities
Free on-site parking