Senior Manager - Inventory Management
- Banana Republic
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Closing date
- 12 Dec 2021
- Merchandising & Planning
- Senior Manager
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.
About the role
The Sr Manager of Inventory Management is responsible for the successful end-to-end Inventory Management of multiple departments. The Sr. IM Manager leads a team of Inventory Planners and Inventory Analysts through the successful development, execution and communications of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals.
What you'll do
- Manage team of Inventory Planners and Inventory Analysts and provide leadership by creating a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Maintain IM business processes and serve as subject matter expert for process improvements
- Manage the development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly merchandise plans, as appropriate
- Develop and communicate comprehensive department financial & product strategies
- Ensure alignment of multiple department plans to divisional objectives
- Reconcile top-down & bottoms-up department plans to division plans and forecasts
- Manage monthly department level open-to-buy activities
- Develop multiple department level pricing recommendations and strategies in alignment with divisional financial plans
- Recommend departmental strategies for packing pre-packs, size balancing and inventory balancing
- Lead teams in assessing and executing exceptions for in-season replenishment
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
- 4 years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories brand focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics, designed for today with style that endures. Through thoughtful design, Banana Republic provides a wardrobe of favorites to style and wear time and time again in new ways. Banana Republic offers fragrances, clothing, eyewear, jewelry, shoes and handbags with detailed craftsmanship and luxurious materials. Founded in San Francisco, Banana Republic is a division of leading global specialty retailer, Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS). Customers may shop Banana Republic in more than 750 company-operated and franchise retail locations worldwide and online.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert