Head of Merchandising
- Senior Manager
** The health and safety of you and your Faherty Brand teammates is important to us! Covid-19 vaccination will be required to work in our office. **
Is this job for you?
The Head of Merchandising leads the organization’s merchandising team in the development and execution of product strategies across all categories of business in order to achieve short- and long-term brand and financial goals. As a leader in the organization, this individual will play a key role in driving the company culture through a customer first mind-set, fostering cross-functional team collaboration, developing merchandising talent, and supporting the continuous evolution of creating the best product in the industry.
What you'll do:
- Lead teams in the development of annual and seasonal merchandising strategies, drive the total business financial merchandising plans, and deliver strong brand and customer relevance assortments
- Identify and develop merchandise product categories that resonate with our customer and understand the business levers to utilize in order to drive customer satisfaction, incremental sales, margin and overall growth across consumer touchpoints and channels
- Analyze and utilize consumer data to guide merchandising and pricing strategies as well as decision making across all channels of business
- Collaborate with the cross-functional leadership team to drive the company’s strategic objectives and achieve organizational metrics
- Partner with the cross-functional leadership team to develop an efficient product development and go-to-market calendar as well as lead the merchandising team in management of work to achieve calendar milestones
- Partner with design, sourcing/production and planning teams in concepting and developing commercially strong products within our targeted cost and margin plans in order to achieve our short- and long-term financial plans
- Partner with marketing, digital and e-commerce teams in the development of innovative omnichannel campaign strategies that drive traffic, conversion and sales across all channels
- Lead ongoing assessment of the product category mix by identifying opportunities and downward trends as well as developing merchandising initiatives for future seasons
- Lead team in ongoing competitive shopping and research to identify new and emerging relevant trends and translate into current and future business plans
- Encourage the utilization of creative methods to continuously develop an understanding of the current and future customer; apply that customer insight to the evolution of the brand and concepts
- Mentor, train and develop the merchandising team. Provide challenging opportunities to leverage strengths and improve abilities
- Provide support, feedback and coaching to build future leaders
- Partner closely with the ecommerce and Marketing team to ensure the product is aligned across all sales channels
- Partner with Chief Creative Director, Visual Lead and Head of Retail to enhance in-store presentations – ensuring big product stories and the brand point of view are represented
- Partner with VP of Wholesale to build our product strategy to maximize sales and brand identity in this channel
- Define product life cycle and informing promotional cadence / product exit strategies
What you'll have:
- Minimum 15 years’ experience and a successful track record at an apparel-driven vertical retail company specifically in womenswear
- Demonstrated track record of merchandising, product development and successfully growing businesses by developing and executing aggressive plans where a curated and brand right merchandise mix is created by shopping both domestically and overseas
- Experience working in a design-oriented, proprietary product business with a strong background in product development
- Significant budgetary responsibility, with demonstrated record of achieving consistent increases in comparable store sales, margin and inventory turn while staying brand right and listening to one’s customer
- High energy, roll-up-the sleeves, results-oriented person with an entrepreneurial spirit who is a nimble, agile and can operate at a fast-pace
- This leader is optimistic, collaborative, resilient, authentic, and an enthusiastic relationship builder
- Collaborative individual with a demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Appreciation for the brand and its positioning in the market coupled with an understanding and affinity for the customer
- Passionate about the business with a strong appetite for learning
Why Us, You Ask!:
- Medical, dental, vision, and ancillary benefits available on your first day!
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Monthly Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Quarterly Merchandise Allowance
- Bonus Program
- Commuter Options/Benefits
A bit about us:
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we’re dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we’re committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place.