Sr. Director, Planning and Allocation
- Senior Manager
** The health and safety of you and your Faherty Brand teammates is important to us! Covid-19 vaccination will be required to work in our office. **
Is this job for you?
The Director of Planning and Allocation will lead strategic initiatives as well as manage the analysis of sales trends, gross margin, inventory, and Open-to-Buy (OTB) levels. Oversee the plan, forecast, and allocation processes for Faherty Brand to ensure company financial objectives are achieved. The Director will provide strategic and analytical support to merchandising through all phases of product life cycle (pre-season and in-season). This position will be responsible for leading and developing the Planning and Allocation team
What you'll do:
- Develop and own Open-to-Buy process; responsible for providing medium-and long-term visibility to opportunities and risks tied to our inventory position
- Provide insights into product trends across wholesale, retail, and eComm and their impact on future inventory needs
- Be a strategic thought partner to the cross functional team by providing insight and visibility to how product sales trends (Sell through, Weeks On Hand, Weeks of Supply, Gross Margin trends) are impacting the financial performance of the business
- Manage clearance and distressed inventory by proactively recognizing future challenges and recommending exit strategies while forecasting the impact on gross margin
- Provide guidance to the cross functional team and monitor inventory results as related to assortment, stores capacity, promotional strategy, managing in-stock levels and ensure monthly and seasonal product stories are executed properly in store and online
- Lead process of developing, updating and enhancing tools, and process that supports financial forecasting and product planning
- Build constructive and effective relationships with cross-functional business partners (ex. Merchandising, Retail, Marketing and Supply Chain) to define, develop and execute inventory, merchandising and operational strategies to drive revenue channel growth initiatives and improve store/site efficiency and customer experience
What you'll have:
- At least (8) eight years retail planning and allocation experience
- Bachelor’s degree and /or Master’s in merchandising, business, finance or appropriate field
- Experience with a variety of go-to market models (wholesale, direct-to-consumer, retail, digital, etc.)
- Strong collaboration skills combined with ability to listen and problem solve
- Ability to balance brand with business while relentlessly focusing on the consumer
- Trend understanding with industry awareness and knowledge of contemporary brands
- Strong background in apparel and demand planning to help guide decision making throughout the entirety of the product life cycle
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Project management skills with ability to work collaboratively with all functional areas while being able to work independently
- Goal oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to eloquently express opinions and influence
- Ability to synthesize business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis and action plans
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects with tight timelines in a hyper growth, dynamic environment
- Understanding of the global marketplace
- Experience managing a team and a passion for growing a best-in-class business
- Already a Faherty fan
Why Us, You Ask!:
- Medical, dental, vision, and ancillary benefits available on your first day!
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Monthly Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Quarterly Merchandise Allowance
- Bonus Program
- Commuter Options/Benefits
A bit about us:
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we’re dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we’re committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place.