Pre-season Product Developer
** The health and safety of you and your Faherty Brand teammates is important to us! Covid-19 vaccination will be required to work in our office. **
Is this job for you?
Pre-season Product Developer will be a strong R&D lead with the ability to apply research to develop raw material, manage supplier partnership, and source key trends to drive raw material and finishing such as wash technique, printing, & embellishment. This role will oversee the development, innovation, and new technologies which meet our brand aesthetic and align to our sustainability goals and long-range plans. The Pre-season Product Developer will play a key role within the creative team, as well as providing direction, and provide partnership to all Faherty Brand sourcing partners to ensure newness of raw material and finishing successfully transition into our processes.
Additionally, this role will focus on the environmental sustainability of the raw materials we source, furthering our support of regenerative agriculture and driving our strategy and targets around biodiversity (science-based targets for nature). The role will also include supporting the implementation of strategy around designing more sustainable and circular products, increasing traceability of raw materials, conducting environmental impact review of new product, and material sustainability technologies and innovations.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with FB creative team to drive the implementation of FB’s product and materials sustainability initiatives, with a focus on the achievement of our goals to source sustainable key raw material and finishing
- Continuously seek innovation, seamlessly moving newness into bulk production with our sourcing partners
- Present seasonal fabric direction quarterly based on the newest innovation, technologies, sustainable fibers, and clean chemistry finishes
- Evaluate new standards and certification schemes for adoption and lead engagement with standard setting bodies and organizations
- Communicate effectively to build the business case for material specific sustainability initiatives with internal and external parties
- Understanding of our testing requirement and risk assessment tool – partner regularly with mills and PD lead on all medium and high-risk fabrics and finishes.
What you’ll have:
- 10+ years of experience within field
- Textile, trims and finishing knowledge – strong understanding of fabric constructions, dye techniques, preferred sustainable fibers and finishes, as well as an understanding of product manufacturing and sourcing processes
- Knowledge of and experience working with product sustainability standards and certifications including GOTS, GRS/RCS, and BCI
- Strong network and knowledge of mill capabilities for raw material sourcing
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a solutions-oriented mindset, proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically to deliver results
Why Us, You Ask!:
- Medical, dental, vision, and ancillary benefits available on your first day!
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Monthly Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Quarterly Merchandise Allowance
- Bonus Program
- Commuter Options/Benefits
A bit about us:
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we’re dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we’re committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely, and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place.