Raw Material Assistant
** The health and safety of you and your Faherty Brand teammates is important to us! Covid-19 vaccination will be required to work in our office. **
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Seasonal Fabric Research – All categories
* Creation of Mood Boards focusing on fabric trends.
* Seasonal and ongoing research of fabric trends, wash, finishes and new fabric technologies.
* Presentation to design pre-season kick off (x4 times per year)
* Create and maintain a functioning fabric library by fabric category.
* Create “legend fabric” library- physical and digital.
Day to day
* Daily correspondence with Factories /Mills /Overseas partners
* Close attention to detail
* Create and maintain seasonal fabric charts.
* Exceptional organizational and follow up skills.
* Monitor the timeliness of submits, strike offs, handlooms etc.
* Participate in weekly conference calls with overseas partners
* Partner with PD pre-season to review global allocations.
* Work with Raw Material Manager to identify trends, work to create shared qualities between men’s and women’s where applicable and platform key fabrics pre-season and off-season to reduce cost and lead time
Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Business or Merchandising preferred. Specific focus in Product Development is a plus
1-2 years relevant experience
Team player with the ability to handle fast-paced work environment
Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task
Strong communication, time management, and presentation skills
Strong computer skills – PLM, MSO, Illustrator & Photoshop a plus
Why Us, You Ask!:
- Medical, dental, vision, and ancillary benefits available on your first day!
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Monthly Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Quarterly Merchandise Allowance
- Bonus Program
- Commuter Options/Benefits
A bit about us:
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we’re dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we’re committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place.