This operational role will be a vital asset to ensuring increased stock turnover by participating in the management of merchandise flow within the store and organising the efficient supply of products to satisfy the business needs.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing an accurate and up to date picture of stock levels and availability heads of departments at all times.
- Assisting the Merchandising and Retail team in ensuring regular replenishments and restocks, including reverse replenishment to E- Shop.
- Scanning of all return stock and arranging deliveries back to the warehouse or suppliers always with a focus on freeing space for new and current stock.
- With the assistance of FMs and floor staff, responsible for receiving the bi-weekly deliveries, effective control and receipt of incoming inventory and non-inventory shipments.
- Navigating last minute deliveries reflective of hype product and launches.
- Assisting in regular stock checks, in store and at the warehouse, and follow up on any discrepancies, missing stock, un-barcoded stock or otherwise incorrect or misplaced stock.
- Investigating discrepancies.
- Maintaining and organising tidy stock rooms. Helping the floors to adhere to all policies and procedures, including the meeting of all standards of Health and Safety in these and all other back of house areas.
- Keeping Floor Managers informed about stock movements and assisting with any queries on stock availability.
The Ideal Candidate
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by his or her own professionalism and attitude.
- Energetic and self-organised.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable and flexible outlook.
- Willingness to work hard on flexible time to drive the business forward.
- Able to work and understand both detailed work and the broader picture.
- Work time orientated on several tasks at a time.
- Capable to work to deadlines / ability to prioritise / optimal time management.
- Multi-disciplined, multi-tasker
- Knowledge of Retail Pro
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office package and advance Excel skills.
- Versatile with numbers and figure