4 days left
- Full Time
At FitFlop, we believe that if you want to live an inspired life, you’ve got to start with a great foundation.
So, we make the world’s most addictive ergonomic sandals, shoes, and boots, using world class design, a splash of fashion, and an innovating mix of beauty, brains, and biomechanics. Because really cool shoes not only look great, they’re the ones you wear until they fall apart - the shoes that are so comfortable they call your name from the closet. We make them (and they make us!)
Job Title: Art Director
Reports to: Brand & Marketing Director
FitFlop is looking for an experienced, talented Art Director to lead our in-house creative studio. In this role you will set the overall visual aspect of the FitFlop brand and design FitFlop’s visual aesthetic from concept to finished execution across all touchpoints, for all global physical regions and digital and social channels.
This role works closely with the founder of our business – Marcia Kilgore, with the Global Brand & Marketing Director as well as the social, ff.com, and commercial teams. You’ll be responsible for concepting and directing shoots and constant pipeline of photo/video assets for all external partners, distributors and collaborators. You will bring a modern and energising approach, and be consumed about how to create relevance and engaging brand assets to our Community and consumers.
The candidate will bring fresh energy, and a proactive attitude, ready to work across all levels within the team. You ooze modernity and will being an aspirational direction to our brand identity – images, moving assets, video content and typography.
- You will be the owner and guardian of the visual output for FitFlop. Developing, innovating the FitFlop brand and style guidelines; ensuring brand identity and brand frameworks are upheld across all touchpoints.
- Working closely with the Brand & Marketing Director to elevate the quality + creativity of all asset creation.
- Researching and creating ideas for new marketing/commercial campaigns.
- Art directing photoshoots, campaigns, and other productions.
- Maintaining and ensuring a high level of finish for all asset creation.
- Drive the conception, creation and design of all digital assets (homepages, emails, editorial, digital ads/banners, videos, interactive animations).
- Respond to internal and external briefs, filtering down to the creative team and leading the development of innovative and compelling creative concept.
- Commissioning talent such as illustrators, animators, stylists, photographers, etc. to create content.
- Lead and direct closely the team in execution all aspects of video and still photoshoots, including concepting, storyboarding / shot planning, casting, styling, directing photographers, on-set logistics, etc.
- Set the tone and oversee post-production, including shot selects, touch-up, sound and editing, supplemented by external freelancers and editors (demanding best-in-class excellence for outsourced work).
- Set templates for graphic design, fonts, colour guidelines and photo editing
- Optimize the entire visual asset development process: identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in shooting, filming, content capture processes and tools
- You combine creativity, graphic design, technical production skills, and a collaborative attitude
- Skilled in omni-channel creative, understanding how to tailor graphic design concepts across channels
- High level of accountability and motivation
- Great at communications across all levels, and create a strong relationship with Founder
- Skilled at multidimensional thinking - including still, video, and physical executions
- You are hard-working, with positive energy, entrepreneurial, a team player and fun to hang out with
What you’ll need:
- Aspirational and modern, socially-informed visual experience and instinct
- Adaptable and comfortable with a fast-paced, ever-changing creative environment
- OCD-level attention to detail
- Hands-on photography skills
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create and innovate on any type or size of project
- Degree in visual communication or graphic design
We’re all about giving our people the tools to be the best they can be. Because when we’re at our best (happy and healthy) together we have the power to do something amazing and really deliver. Our benefits include private health or dental insurance, pension contribution, 25 days holiday, free pairs & product discounts, FitFlop Feel-Good programme (including everything from mindfulness to financial wellbeing) and a full blended learning and development calendar.
We also actively encourage Smarter Working (this is our version of Flexible working). We know everyone works differently and we embrace this – we focus on outputs (not hours!) and believe that flexibility drives engagement. Engagement links directly to performance and we need to be at our peak to be able to achieve our business goals!
The Work Environment:
We know the world of work has changed, gone are the days of a 9-5 week in the office. We currently have our UK office base at The Foundry, Hammersmith but we’re very open to remote working – there has to be a balance of course, culture is important to us and nothing beats facetime with our colleagues but we’re actively promoting different work patterns that work for our teams both personally and professionally.
We are also supporting our colleagues as they return to work post-COVID and have social distancing guidelines and testing processes in place.