Head of Content
At FitFlop, we believe that if you want to live an inspired life, you’ve got to start with a great foundation.
So, we make the world’s most addictive ergonomic sandals, shoes, and boots, using world class design, a splash of fashion, and an innovating mix of beauty, brains, and biomechanics. Because really cool shoes not only look great, they’re the ones you wear until they fall apart - the shoes that are so comfortable they call your name from the closet. We make them (and they make us!)
Job Title: Head of Content
Reports to: Head of Global Brand Communications & Marketing
As Head of Content, you will play an integral role to lead the creation of the FitFlop content and execution across different channels, creating experience that grow our brand awareness, and engage our audience through a deep understanding of our customer, increasing our visibility amongst an international audience.
You will be responsible for creating the content strategy and overseeing a calendar of rich content across all channels of FitFlop, including online, email, social, digital campaigns, marketing, and blog. You will bring an innovative approach to creating inspiring content, while successfully navigating the ever-changing environment of the above channels.
Flexibility, adaptability, collaborative working, and forward-thinking skills will be key. We are looking for someone who can inspire a strong team culture, and lead by example.
- Drive the creation of engaging content, and tone of voice, that feels authentic and relatable to our loyal customer base, that emphasises our brand values.
- Create content plan and copy for PR, onsite, digital, influencer, and editorial placements.
- Keeping up to date with newness, trends, and relevant content.
- You’ll have an international focus, and responsible for creating fantastic content across UK, EMEA and US regions.
- Amazing relationship building skills, you’ll build partnerships with external stakeholders such as affiliate networks, content publishers and brands for collaboration possibilities.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders across Merchandising, Finance, Marketing, and Digital.
- Commercially savvy, you’ll drive results against key metrics such as awareness, engagement, and sales KPIs.
- Drive trade proactively, you’ll be action and solution oriented to deliver optimal outcome.
- Work with, and at times present to our Senior Leadership Team, including CEO, and at times our Founder.
- You’ll be well experienced in creating customer orientated content, ideally within a global e-commerce environment within the fashion/footwear industry.
- Proven track record of creating content across multiple channels including online, social, email and marketing.
- Commercially minded, and an innovative creative thinker.
- Good knowledge of digital commerce, including commercial, marketing and platform analytics.
- Someone who thrives working in a fast paced, and rapidly growing business, with an entrepreneurial mindset and attitude.
- Fantastic communication and collaboration skills, with an ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders, from associate through to leadership levels.
- Good knowledge of our industry, with a passion for footwear/fashion and the e-commerce landscape.
- Excellent time management skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
We’re all about giving our people the tools to be the best they can be. Because when we’re at our best (happy and healthy) together we have the power to do something amazing and really deliver. Our benefits include private health or dental insurance, pension contribution, 25 days holiday, free pairs & product discounts, FitFlop Feel-Good programme (including everything from mindfulness to financial wellbeing) and a full blended learning and development calendar.
We also actively encourage Smarter Working (this is our version of Flexible working). We know everyone works differently and we embrace this – we focus on outputs (not hours!) and believe that flexibility drives engagement. Engagement links directly to performance and we need to be at our peak to be able to achieve our business goals!
The Work Environment:
We know the world of work has changed, gone are the days of a 9-5 week in the office. We currently have our UK office base at The Foundry, Hammersmith but we’re very open to remote working – there has to be a balance of course, culture is important to us and nothing beats face-time with our colleagues but we’re actively promoting different work patterns that work for our teams both personally and professionally.
We are also supporting our colleagues as they return to work post-COVID and have social distancing guidelines and testing processes in place.