Senior Manager, Commercial Procurement - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
This role is a 12 month FTC
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Occupying a position within the Commercial Procurement team this role is responsible for partnering and leading procurement strategy across a variety of Indirect categories to deliver optimum commercial outcomes and deliver directly to Burberry's P&L. The Commercial Procurement team have a global remit working across the central corporate function and locally with individual regions.
This role will support the both strategic projects and day to day activities across Indirect Categories and work with a range of stakeholders across our offices in Leeds and London. The primary responsibility of the role will be to identify and drive savings opportunities across a variety of indirect categories, partnering with the business to deliver projects and cost savings in line with agreed targets.
- Category management for Indirect goods and services , and to provide support as required across various business functions
- Potential line management and development support for Category Managers and Sourcing Specialists
- Delivering commercial savings and driving value from key strategic suppliers across Indirect categories
- Managing Stakeholders (Business Partnering)
- Member of Procurement Leadership Team
- Commercial and sourcing consultancy to empower the business
- Development and implementation of procurement strategies
- Work with Legal and Info-Sec to ensure quality contracts are in place with credible suppliers
- Provide regular reporting on savings, projects and supplier performance
- Take an active role in lifting the activities of the procurement team to World Class Excellence level
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Procurement processes and supporting implementation of agreed changes
- Extensive operational and commercial experience in the field of indirect procurement, as broadly as possible
- Experience of forming and managing effective Stakeholder and Supplier relationships.
- Highly commercial and numerate
- Great customer facing skills
- Line Management experience
- Ability to deliver tangible results whilst working in a challenging and ever changing environment
- Ability to face and resolve multiple issues in a collaborative manner
- Good Excel /analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to flex between highly strategic thinking and 'getting the job done'
- Collaborative, pragmatically minded individual that brings others with them on a journey of cultural change
- Self-motivated, high energy level, and a positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a flexible environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong negotiator, demonstrated resilience and ability to respectfully challenge while maintaining balance and warmth of professional relationships
- Flexible, prepared to get into the detail, as well as see the big picture
- Comfortable taking decisive action in a busy environment
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9024 || n/a ||