Assistant Merchandiser, Banana Republic Women's Outerwear & Blazers
- Banana Republic
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2022
- Merchandising & Planning
- Entry Level / Assistant
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.
About the Role
The Assistant Merchandiser is a member of the Banana Republic Merchandising Team responsible for merchandising our products in our North America stores globally as well as our online site. Strong product merchandising and analytic skills are key to ensure success in this role.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to the success of the Department through executing seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals.
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
- Understand competitive environment and consumer needs; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Influence others to achieve results; leadership presence.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Distribution).
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Current/previous retail buying experience as Assistant Merchandiser, Merchandise Assistant, or equivalent; passion for a career in Merchandising!
- Proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills; able to manage competing priorities
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Product point of view & conviction in it; yet open-minded.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Customer oriented.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco:Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories brand focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics, designed for today with style that endures. Through thoughtful design, Banana Republic provides a wardrobe of favorites to style and wear time and time again in new ways. Banana Republic offers fragrances, clothing, eyewear, jewelry, shoes and handbags with detailed craftsmanship and luxurious materials. Founded in San Francisco, Banana Republic is a division of leading global specialty retailer, Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS). Customers may shop Banana Republic in more than 750 company-operated and franchise retail locations worldwide and online.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert