Senior Womenswear Designer (Tailoring, Outwear & Denim)
1 day left
- Full Time
Senior Designer Womenswear Woven (Tailoring, Outwear & Denim)
Do you enjoy the challenge of creating exceptionally crafted and innovative designs that customers love? Do you use your creativity to push the boundaries in everything you do? Are you forward thinking and fascinated by what fashion followers are going to want next?
If so, this could be the role for you! We are now looking for a Senior Designer to join our Womenswear Woven team. This role will report into the Head of Womenswear Ready to Wear and we are open to both candidates looking for both a temporary or permanent role.
Our Design team is responsible for creating beautifully crafted, sustainable pieces made to last beyond the season. Incorporating traditional methods and innovative techniques our collection and aesthetic is recognisably us. Our design methodology is considered and relevant and applied to everything we create. We design for now and forever.
As a senior designer you will have the chance to propel the woven assortment to the next level and push the development of the collection in partnership with the other members of the design team, buying and our network of suppliers. COS is currently present in over 40 countries which means you designs will be seen in our stores and online all over the world. Our woven department includes many of the garment groups that COS has become renowned for including tailoring, denim and outdoor.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with design, buying and pattern teams from concept to completion aligning on seasonal direction, trends, timelines and customer insights
- Create, Drape and construct the most amazing products and work with the finest fabrics
- Build an assortment by delivering a beautiful collection that is true to the cos design aesthetic
- Work with the broader design teams to ensure that there is a clear definition between the departments and that we offer true choice to the customer
- Ensure the development of the collection and trends each season, providing a complete wardrobe offer for our customer
- Engage in research for the woven department ensuring our customer focus by constantly evaluating customer types, trends, insights, and tendencies
- Provide a high level of awareness and knowledge of current and future trends and to use this enhance the design quality of the department
- Guide, involve, inspire, and develop Assistant and Junior Designers
We are looking for:
The ideal candidate is an experienced Senior or Design Manager who will bring creative strength and newness to each collection. You will have a strong design identity as well as a clear understanding of what customers want to see in store and online.
- Significant experience in a senior designer role, specialised in womenswear outwear, blazers trousers or denim
- Expertise in tailoring & draping
- A wide technical knowledge of garment making, fit and fabric
- Good eye for colour, detail, and proportion
- Strong grasp of sustainable fashion solutions, material innovation and product development
- Strong team player and inspiring communicator
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and creative environment
If this sounds like the role for you, please click on the apply link below to upload your CV. Please kindly note that for us to consider your application further, you will need to include a portfolio or examples of your work most suited to the COS design aesthetic, where possible please also include any hand sketches to illustrate your design style.