Visual Manager Northeast - Banana Republic Factory Stores
- Banana Republic
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2022
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.
About the Role
The Visual Manager ensures the integrity of the Brand through consistent execution of the Global vision and North America initiatives specific to visual merchandising direction within Districts and Region. The Visual Manager develops strategies to uphold the visual merchandising standards within Districts and Region. The Visual Manager takes accountability for product and presentation direction; identifies needs, develops plans and follows up to ensure effective execution in Districts and Region. The Visual Manager works closely with District Managers and is part of the Regional Leadership team.
What You'll Do
As a Field Visual Manager, you are part of the greater Field Visual Team, along with your District and Regional teams.
- You collaborate with your District Managers and Regional Director to coach, teach, and uphold the brand visual merchandising standards.
- You drive brand loyalty by ensuring exceptional customer experience through well-merchandised and visually compelling stores, throughout the Districts that meet brand visual merchandising strategy.
- You ensure regional, district, and store teams understand the global brand vision and North America initiatives; reinforcing company goals and objectives at the store level.
- You identify and use multiple ways to achieve goals in case of obstacles; plan for contingencies; identify opportunities in own area to contribute to the commercial success of the enterprise.
- Your primary business partner is the District Manager.
- Grow profitable sales through Region/District business analysis to identify and synthesize wins and opportunities.
- Uses tools and resources to help identify root cause analysis.
- Takes information to determine any Region or district specific merchandising action is needed in partnership with Visual Director/RD.
- Partners with Regional Director and DMs to identify developmental opportunities relating to visual merchandising skills for GMs
- Develops creative merchandising solutions using brand filters to drive sales and margin within districts and regions
- Conducts and participates in store visits focusing on presentation standards, brand integrity, identifying business opportunities and people development.
- Coordinates and conducts field management visual merchandising workshops in partnership with the Regional Director and DMs
- Builds bench-strength by identifying internal talent and recruiting external talent
Who You Are
- Demonstrated ability to: drive results; execute based upon company direction and acumen; influence and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to continually embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and welcome change.
- Demonstrated ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors.
- Minimum of 5+ year's multi-unit, high volume, complex business leadership.
- 5+ years of visual presentation experience
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories brand focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics, designed for today with style that endures. Through thoughtful design, Banana Republic provides a wardrobe of favorites to style and wear time and time again in new ways. Banana Republic offers fragrances, clothing, eyewear, jewelry, shoes and handbags with detailed craftsmanship and luxurious materials. Founded in San Francisco, Banana Republic is a division of leading global specialty retailer, Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS). Customers may shop Banana Republic in more than 750 company-operated and franchise retail locations worldwide and online.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert