Senior Technical Designer - Soft Wovens
Fit garments and execute design intent while maintaining brand standards. Provide technical expertise in product fit, construction standards and manufacturing methods. Communicate clearly and professionally on a technical level with all business partners. Interact with product/design teams to adhere to merchandising calendar to meet production deadlines.
- Execute design and fit intent into bulk production while ensuring seasonal deadlines are met
- Work closely with technical design manager to maintain brand standards and ensure fit consistency across the collection
- Generate and maintain detailed technical packages including construction details, POMs and fit comments
- Proactively track overseas packages and estimate fit dates based on expected package arrival.
- Follow-up with factories on anticipated CSs, PPs and TOPs.
- Lead production fit session on live model and work with designer and patternmaker to achieve aesthetic and proper fit
- Evaluate samples for vendor’s execution of fit and construction along with providing solutions via pattern corrections and/or garment re-engineering.
- Collaborate with Patternmakers, Production department and factories on identifying and resolving fit, construction and workmanship issues
- Approve sample garment (all stages) in timely manner according to Time & Action Calendar and Production Plan
- Issue final graded production specification
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with overseas factories, offices and QC regarding fit comments and fit status
- Timely respond to all inquiries and requests via e-mail or through verbal communication
- Foster open communication and team environment with all business partners and receive constructive feedback professionally
- Possible international travel in the future
- 10+ years of apparel experience (mostly as TD)
- Must have work experience with women’s soft wovens (tops, dresses)
- Expertise in garment fit, woven specs and garment construction
- Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods
- Must have experience with luxury or contemporary product
- Experience in reviewing patterns
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong computer skills (Outlook and Adobe Illustrator necessary)
- Knowledge of RLM and Gerber a plus