Garment Technologist - A-Cold-Wall*
Who we are
A-Cold-Wall* are seeking a skilled and highly motivated Garment Technologist to join their London based team on a freelance basis.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will be expected to work across all RTW clothing categories, supporting the existing team as needed. This will require strong organisational skills as well as the passion and drive to create innovative, market leading products.
This role will report to the Head of Product.
What your day to day will look like
- Create technical and measurement specs and maintain grading and sizing rules for each garment type
Measure and review prototypes and size sets before fitting to ensure they conform to size and construction specifications
- Attend fit meetings and document sample comments
- Communicate fit, quality and construction requirements to suppliers through sample comments
- Maintain consistency of quality and fit across suppliers and throughout the product range
- Coordinate all fittings from first proto through to final pre-production sample.
- Run the wear-testing program. Organise and document wearer trials as needed and feed results back to the Design and Development team
- Work closely with design, development and production to ensure products are risk assessed in a timely manner
- Approve pre-production and SMS samples to ensure that product meets business expectations
- QA check of production quality & measurements at source before shipping
What you need to succeed
- The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in Garment Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- A good knowledge of garment construction methods and manufacturing sewing operations, including pattern making, grading and marking processes
- A strong working knowledge of materials, technical fabrics and functional aspects of garments
- Strong organizational skills to provide well documented products, thorough specifications, and meet deadlines
- Experience of working with factories and an understanding of constraints and timescales is preferred
- Experience of factory QC checks, both in line and pre shipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and the ACW management team
- Support Development and Production in analysing cost breakdowns from factories
- Ability to anticipate technical problems and to plan and implement corrective action plan
- Ability and enthusiasm to grow and adapt within a fast-growing business
- Ability to work under pressure to meet key deadlines
- Attention to detail is essential
- Have a strong understanding and appreciation for high end apparel
- Experience creating one off product for runway
- IT skills: MS Office mandatory, Adobe AI and ERP (Zedonk) system knowledge preferred
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Tomorrow Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.