Associate Technical Designer
We are looking for an Associate Technical Designer who will work closely with the design and product development team to develop tech packs that include detailed technical fit corrections, specs, and construction information to domestic and overseas factories.
The Associate Technical Designer should have experience working on multiple garment categories including tops, dresses, bottoms and outerwear and must be comfortable attending fittings on both live models and on forms.
- Support design and product development teams in creating detailed tech packs for proto and SMS through production handoff.
- Review proto samples with design team to adjust any fit or construction details for SMS
- Find solutions for construction and/or fit that is suitable for bulk production during proto/SMS stages
- Measure and prepare garments and tech packs for fittings
- Attend fit sessions and take fit notes
- Review and cross-check paper patterns against fit samples and fit notes
- Communicate fit corrections and workmanship comments to factories via Excel tech packs
- Reply in a timely matter to all emails and inquiries
- Work closely with product development and production teams to ensure deadlines are met
- 3-5+ years of experience in Technical Design
- Must be proficient in Excel and Adobe Suite programs
- Knowledge of garment construction and fit with strong attention to detail
- Basic understanding of grading and patterns
- Solution driven mindset with strong communication skills
- Gerber knowledge a plus
- Flexible and adaptive to a multi-tasked environment
- Experience in luxury or contemporary brands preferred