Senior Print Designer
5 days left
- Full Time
An exciting time to join the Cath Kidston brand under new creative direction, with a focus on its heritage of hand painting and printed textiles so relevant in the contemporary trend of sentiment prints in Fashion and Home. The opportunity to join a dynamic and passionate team in the revival of a beautiful British Heritage brand. An opportunity to work through multiple categories, we are looking for someone with the love of Print design with interest in contemporary Fashion, Interiors and Art.
Role: Responsible for the creation of high quality surface design for the full product ranges. This role originates and evolves high quality prints and graphics from idea conception to briefing to mills.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Creative Director and Design Manager, produce high quality prints & colourways, and coordinate each season ready for briefing in line with the seasonal design concepts as set out by Creative Director.
- Display high level of hand drawing and painting skills
- Research trends, art, lifestyle, relevant inspiration and print ideas in line with the seasonal themes, using both our in-house vintage archives, libraries and research trips, magazines with a love of contemporary fashion and home wears.
- Draw and paint beautiful original drawings. Present and amend vintage swatches for development
- Work with the print design team, developing innovative and relevant concepts for the print range.
- Strong CAD technical support to achieve high quality prints.
- Work with print placement across various categories
- Collaborate on commercial and innovative seasonal colour palettes
- Ensure that the print design team delivers to the Critical Path
- Build a clear & efficient working relationship with Product Design teams to ensure synergy between print and product developments.
- Develop a good relationship with the Product Development Team, working closely together to ensure the print range develops as intended in line with CP
- Responsible for best commercial application of the prints across a wide range of products.
- Creating on brand and successful prints.
- Good understanding of the brand and creative directions
- Successful team communication.
- Shared responsibility of Junior team members and their development
- Strong relationship with suppliers – particularly the printers.
- Adherence to Critical Path.
- Awareness of business KPI’s and support with relevant commercial prints.
- Self-Motivated & highly organised.
- Excellent attention to detail
- High taste level
- Strong colour sense
- Strong drawing, painting and CAD skills
- Very accurate eye for matching colour
- Have a passion for the CK brand and understand it’s uniqueness and new found relevancy
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent CAD skills (Photoshop, Illustrator,)
- Excellent drawing and painting skills (floral and conversational)
- Clear understanding of the brand’s handwriting
- Strong multi-product technical knowledge (print, weave, embroideries, hard and soft product etc.)
- People management experience