Artist & Special Projects Creative
A rare opportunity exists for an Artist & Special Projects Creative to join the Design Team at Zimmermann.
Reporting to the Creative Director and based in the Sydney Head Office, this position will be responsible for developing unique art-based ideas for Zimmermann textiles, apparel and other product categories.
The successful candidate will bring creative ideas to various projects within the Zimmermann universe in collaboration with key team members across Digital, Online, Marketing and Events.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
The core function of this role is to create unique artworks in line with Creative Director’s vision to set project briefs. In line with business expectations this requires delivering complete artworks on time with critical path deadlines.
- Research ideas, source reference material and create innovative print artwork under the Creative Director’s set brief.
- Create repeats and colour separations as required.
- Create embroidery artwork and templates for embroidered garments.
- Follow through on artwork development from inception to production to ensure highest quality results.
Secondary to the artwork function is collaborative involvement in special projects within the Zimmermann universe, working with teams outside of the Design sphere on creatively driving unique suggestions and making these a reality.
Product: working to refine and reinvent design in key product areas for both retail and event use including:
- Seasonal, art-based T-shirting and sweaters.
- Some accessories for projects including Saint-Tropez and Capri, new store openings etc.
- Gifting ideas with connections to specific places or events.
- Marketing materials and unique presentation of artworks for press.
Our Universe: exploring your creativity within the bounds of the Zimmermann universe including:
- Unique content for social and digital platforms and website, as an extension of collections.
- Collection and Show collateral: events materials including invitations, show programs and video releases.
- Unique ideas for product launches for new store openings and other functions.
- Charitable projects.
Required skills and expertise:
The successful candidate will possess an understanding and connection with the Zimmermann brand aesthetic and an ability to demonstrate outstanding creative instincts and a distinct point of view.
- Tertiary qualifications in Textile or Graphic Design from a respected Australian or international institution and have achieved outstanding results in both course work and in external competitions
- 5+ years’ experience as a designer with nationally or internationally recognized luxury brands.
- Strong design and communicative skills
- A strong background in computer aided design platforms: proficient in Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and CAD software.
- Have a keen eye for colour, texture and patterns.
- Great attention to detail.
- Up to date on design trends, industry developments and current textile processes.
- Creative assessment of business requirements, thinking outside of the box to find unique solutions to product-based holes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members from across a variety of business functions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.