About Mara Hoffman:
Mara Hoffman founded her label in 2000 after graduating from Parsons School of Design in New York City. Fifteen years later, the brand committed itself to implementing more sustainable and responsible practices. In an effort to foster mindful consumption habits, the brand maintains an open conversation about its approach and encourages consumers to reevaluate the relationship society has with clothing. The company continues to focus on sustainable materials, processes, and production in order to improve and extend each garment’s life. Supporting and partnering with organizations that further social, racial and economic justice is also intrinsic to the company's framework. President and Creative Director, Mara Hoffman, presents collections with a devotion to color, each inspired by and in celebration of women.
Purpose of the role:
The Production Associate is responsible for supporting the Production Manager and Production Team with a variety of tasks such as costing, placing PO’s, tracking all orders, lab dips, and custom items to ensure that all styles meet timeline requirements.
- Regularly visit domestic factories to check on production
- Take the lead on quality control to ensure all garments are finished up to designer level standards
- Review and approve UPC and care label layouts
- Make sure all Care and Content information is inputted into RLM
- Work with print team to ensure proper consumptions are being calculated
- Monitor and track raw materials
- Check all fabric data sheets and certifications
- Monitor, review, and track WIP flow for on time delivery
- Update BOMs throughout the production season to assure costing is up to date. Once the goods are cut, update yields to resemble final production.
- Manage the WIP chart
- Schedule, review, and react to all 3rd party inspections for bulk goods
- Review/Approve lab dips, dye lots, washing effect, hand feel and shade against the approved standard and issue comments accordingly
- Minimum 4 years production experience
- A natural ability to multi-task with strict adherence to deadlines
- Experience in live fittings, garment construction, tailoring, technical specs, and grading
Email cover letter and resume to Production Manager - Alyssa@marahoffman.com
MUST PUT JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT OF EMAIL
Mara Hoffman, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to having a diverse and broadly trained staff, and welcome and encourage individuals from all communities to apply.