Head of Womenswear Design
Do you like to use your creativity to push the boundaries in everything you do? Are you forward thinking and fascinated by what fashion followers are going to want next? Do you have a strong design identity and passion for women’s fashion?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Here at COS we are looking for a Head of Design for our womenswear collection. In this role you will have the opportunity to work at an international fashion brand with a strong ethical foundation where creativity, style, quality, and sustainability is at the heart of everything we do.
This role will report into the Womenswear Director and is offered on a Full Time, permanent contract.
COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want timeless, modern, functional and considered design. Offering reinvented classics and wardrobe essentials, we create pieces that are made to last beyond the season. Since launching in 2007 we have opened stores in over 40 countries worldwide, all in carefully considered locations, applying a design concept that preserves the buildings’ original features whilst creating a modern, contemporary space.
What you will do:
Working at COS you will find that no two days are the same, however in general you will work closely with the broader Design, Buying and Pattern teams to drive the assortment and develop the collection through all channels. You will bring innovative ideas and design suggestions to life and deliver a unique product to our customers. Our women’s department includes some of the most iconic COS garment groups including knitwear, tailoring and accessories.
- Set an inspiring vision for the future and effectively translate and communicate this to the teams.
- Lead the work on the core COS aesthetics ensuring we challenge and excite out customers.
- Inspire, motivate, and lead the COS Design Team.
- Lead the Department team towards the visual goals and to drive the assortment forward to ensure we are on time and always relevant.
- Create a compelling Global Womenswear collection in line with our Brand ID.
- Define the vision and goals for the department, working with long term development and the department’s goal for each season.
- Identify new trends in the division and spot opportunities for new areas of growth.
- Responsible for driving the research for the department and working with our typologies.
- Work closely with the Garment Tech teams and Atelier, managing the shape development and fittings process making sure the critical path is adhered to
We are looking for:
- Long experience and success in leading design teams for a global company
- Highly creative and good understanding customer needs
- Strong experience as a designer at a senior level.
- High level of awareness of current trends.
- Technical knowledge and a great understanding of textile and materials.
- Excellent sensitivity to fabrication and color.
- Ability and experience working in fast paced/ever-changing environments.
Why join COS?
Over the last 10 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends. We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to recruiting great people, offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make.
When you first join COS we will give you a full training plan in store and access to our E-Learning tool.
In addition to this you will also receive some fantastic benefits including;
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- 25 days holiday entitlement.
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Discounted Gym Membership
- A range of long service benefits.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV plus some examples of your work by Monday 18th October or sooner!