Commercial Strategy Associate
Successful expansion is one of the key strategic ambitions of Otrium. It is the next step in the highly ambitious growth trajectory Otrium has had since its start in 2016. You will be the go-to person for all commercial strategic decisions needed to ensure success. You will work with Otrium senior management and the Sales Operations and Commercial Strategy team which is the strategic heart of the commercial organisation.
About the Role:
After closing a successful Series-C in February, Otrium is now looking to rapidly expand across countries and continents. Several market-launches are a critical strategic step to prove our mission is relevant on all continents. You are in charge of crafting the Go-To-Market strategy with a wide set of stakeholders. You’ll set the direction for the business in new geographies, by providing strategic direction and manage any incoming ad-hoc requests from the team on the ground, together with the sales operations team. You build, own and monitor guidelines for commission model(s) to offer to different partners - always pursuing Otrium’s mission and balancing its long- and short-term goals in growth and profitability.
- 2-4 years of experience in top-tier strategy consulting or similar relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills with data-driven decision-making capability. You can bring a metrics, data and performance driven approach to Otrium
- Team player and a strong stakeholder manager
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- A great communicator and presenter. You are able to translate data into meaningful action points
- Ability to communicate on many levels, including C-level
- Experience with business modelling, profitability analyses and drawing insights from the analyses
- Experience in a dynamic, high-growth business or in similar projects is welcome
- You are located in the EU, and willing to relocate.
- A true team player with strong interpersonal skills: you like to collaborate with a large team and many different stakeholders
- Innovative, creative and have a strong commercial sense
- Flexible to quickly switch focus to changing priorities on a daily base
- Eager to bring structure in complex situations
- Curious and proactive in questioning business decisions
- Determined to deliver accurate and flawless results, with an eye for the details
- A star in excel modelling
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
We look forward to hearing from you!