Head of BoF Insights
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is looking to hire a Head of BoF Insights. BoF Insights is a new data and analysis offering from BoF that arms business leaders with proprietary and data-driven research to navigate the fast-changing fashion industry.
Executives, entrepreneurs and investors in the fashion, luxury and retail industries use research and analysis from BoF Insights to guide and inform their most important and pressing business decisions. For examples of research from BoF Insights, please visit shop.business fashion.com.
This is a unique opportunity to helm a new and strategically important business inside of a growing company. The ideal candidate is an accomplished strategist and a deeply analytical thinker who can commercialize BoF Insights while steering and evolving the research and analysis it produces. This role will report to BoF’s Executive Editor.
Who Are We?
BoF is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing content, tools and services to support one’s journey through the fashion industry from the classroom to boardroom, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries around the world.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
Who You Are
· You have deep experience in data-driven research and analysis, perhaps honed at a leading management consultancy, a financial services company (e.g., as an equity analyst), or a data intelligence or research provider.
· You have extensively worked in or covered the fashion, luxury, and retail industries.
· You have successfully managed teams, cultivating positive team culture and supporting your team in exceeding its deliverables.
· You are a skilled verbal and written communicator and lauded for the clarity and precision of your thinking no matter the complexity of the subject.
· You excel at conveying concepts through charts (using tools such as think-cell) combined with sharp written narratives.
· You are intensely curious about consumer, macroeconomic, technological, and other trends shaping BoF’s key industries and have an innate sense of how to build compelling and agenda-setting research about them. In digging into the “why”, “how”, and “so what”, you go the extra mile to find the answers and are relentlessly focused on distilling second- and third-order insights.
· You have an abundance of experience in scoping and executing different types of analysis, e.g., category landscapes and company profiles based on interviews and research, consumer surveying, market sizing based on proprietary modelling, and/or financial analysis based on public disclosures.
· You exude the knowledge, poise and presence to conduct interviews with and make presentations to senior audiences.
· You are a creative but analytical thinker. You understand convention, but you do not feel bound by it.
What We Need You To Do
As part of this role you will...
· Hire and directly manage a growing team of researchers and analysts and be accountable for their career growth and development.
· Be a thought partner in constructively challenging and refining your team’s analysis.
· Plan and scope research and analysis projects to ensure consistent output.
· Evolve BoF Insights’ go-to-market strategy, including audience development and product marketing.
· Be accountable for BoF Insights’ commercial targets.
· Collaborate with other senior leaders at BoF, working efficiently and reliably with strong attention to detail.
· Regularly engage with BoF’s community via surveys and focus groups to determine the most relevant topics to explore and the right audiences to target.
· Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to grow a new business.
You Will Know You’re Successful When…
· You have grown BoF Insights to become the leading source of differentiated research and analysis on the fashion, luxury, and retail industries.
· You have grown BoF Insights to be a sustainable business that profitably contributes to BoF’s overall bottom line.
· You and your team are unearthing and deciphering insights that others have overlooked.
· You and your team are respected and trusted BoF “ambassadors” among industry professionals seeking BoF’s finger-on-the-pulse knowledge.