Senior Research Analyst
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is looking to hire a Senior Research Analyst to join BoF Insights, a new data and analysis offering from BoF that arms business leaders with proprietary and data-driven research to navigate the fast-changing fashion industry.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing company and support it in developing and executing a cohesive research and analysis strategy.
Executives, entrepreneurs, and investors in the fashion, luxury and retail industries use research and analysis from BoF Insights to guide and inform their most important and pressing business decisions. For examples of research from BoF Insights, visit shop.business fashion.com.
Who Are We?
BoF is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing content, tools and services to support one’s journey through the fashion industry from the classroom to boardroom, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries around the world.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
Who You Are
- You are an accomplished data-driven research analyst who has a background at a leading research and analysis firm or an equity analyst who has a background at a leading bank or financial institution.
- You are intensely curious about consumer, macroeconomic, technological, and other trends shaping BoF’s key industries and have an innate sense of how to build compelling research about them.
- You are relentlessly focused on distilling second- and third-order insights.
- You excel at communicating complex concepts through charts, infographics and other formats combined with sharp written narratives. In digging into the “why”, “how” and “so what”, you go the extra mile to find the answers.
- You have an abundance of experience in scoping and executing different types of analysis, e.g., category landscapes and company profiles based on interviews and research, consumer surveying, market sizing based on proprietary modeling, and/or financial analysis based on public disclosures.
- You exude the knowledge, poise and presence to conduct interviews with and make presentations to senior audiences.
- You are a creative but analytical thinker. You understand convention, but you do not feel bound by it.
What We Need You To Do
As part of this role you will
- Plan, scope and execute research and analysis projects, identifying your primary and secondary industry-leading sources to enable you to produce differentiated and data-driven insights.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, while working efficiently with strong attention to detail.
- Use your exceptional communication skills to share your knowledge and research findings in internal and external webinars and other types of presentations.
- Regularly engage with our community via surveys and focus groups to determine the most relevant topics to explore and the right audiences to target.
- Be a self-starter.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You identify fresh angles to explore critical topics in the fashion, luxury, and retail industries.
- You unearth and decipher insights that others have overlooked.
- You are a go-to resource for our Editorial team to shape their reporting and data analysis.
- You are a respected and trusted BoF “ambassador” among industry professionals seeking our finger-on-the-pulse knowledge.