BUYER (STREET & SPORTSWEAR)
BUYER (STREET & SPORTSWEAR)
LN-CC is looking for an experienced Buyer to join the Buying team, based in Dalston, London. The role will report directly into the Buying Director and will be a unique role working across all categories, on both Menswear and Womenswear.
We are looking for someone with 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role, predominantly focused on sneakers and sports apparel, who can identify opportunities on a macro and micro level.
You must be able to perform administrative and operational tasks to support the Buying and Merchandising team. You must possess strong business acumen, with an ability to develop and nurture existing business, as well as continually looking to drive the business forward with new ideas. You must be creative with a strategic mind-set, and have an ability to turn concepts into action. You must have strong relationship building skills. You will be required to think strategically as well as manage your day-to-day responsibilities.
This role will involve travel with the Head of Buying, to key markets in order to conduct the seasonal buy.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- With the Buying Director, manage the departments OTB, implementing strategies to drive the business.
- Sales analysis, reporting back to the business on a weekly basis, proposing actions to achieve agreed targets, and manage markdowns in order to maximize profit, and optimize sell through.
- Negotiating terms with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, markdown support.
- Working in close partnership with the Merchandising team to plan and forecast sales on seasonal basis.
- Maintaining strong working relationships with all suppliers to ensure a co-operative approach is maintained at all times.
- Strong research skills with a desire to source new, emerging brands, and ensure product is in line with the company buying strategy.
- Maintain strong awareness of market trends, and competitor activity, in order to ensure the business has a unique point of view
- Work closely with the retail store in order to gain insight into consumer trends and behaviour.
- Work closely with the in-house Creative, Editorial, and Styling teams, to ensure the vision is consistent.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role, and within the luxury fashion sector.
- Results driven with an ability to demonstrate examples of implementing a strategy to achieve growth.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to think outside the box and bring ideas to the table.
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with the ability to plan, and prioritise.
- Can build strong relationships in order to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Keen to progress and develop within a growing team.