Nutrition Product Developer
Genflow helps creators become entrepreneurs. We started in 2016 and since have become one of the leading creator platforms in the world. We do this in a way that has never been done before by giving them a 360 experience through leveraging our platform, infrastructure, team and experience all in one place.
We do everything in house and we have helped some of the biggest creators launch their own brands whether that’s DTC brands (cosmetics, fashion or fitness etc) or their own digital brands (mobile apps, courses, membership clubs, gated content) or traditional talent management.
With over 100 clients around the world, a team of 90+, international warehouses and offices we are now entering a real growth phase as a company (raised $11m Jan 2021) and looking to add the best people in the world to join us.
Our vision is to help anyone become a creator.
We are looking for a Nutrition Product Developer to join us and lead our Food and Beverage product development. Nutrition products are a relatively new area for Genflow, but we already have multiple established clients in this pillar, selling of thousands of products, and we are just getting started. You will lead the product development for some of our largest clients and work with factories around the world to develop across all nutrition and beverage products. Think everything from sports powdered supplements, bars, snacks, cereal and more all the way to ready to drink energy drinks, canned alcohol and of course spirits. The ideal candidate has proven food or beverage product development experience paired with a passion for influencers and creators. You will work with clients taking briefs for new products and ranges, proactively design and ideate products to sell to clients and work with our production teams and internal teams briefing factories, formulating and tasting new products and managing production across multiple clients.
What you'll do
- Ultimately be responsible for Food and Beverage products developed and sold, from ideation, packaging design, sampling, production and launch
- Manage the product development process and ensure all projects are on track, reporting to clients weekly on the progress and update of products and projects
- Work with the Chief Product Officer and the Chief Growth Officer when pitching and signing new food or beverage clients.
- Work with internal graphic and packaging designers to design products to clients requirements, then translate these cads into tech packs for factories to follow
- Work with suppliers across the world to improve and enhance products and meet client spec, delivering innovative, on brand products
- Work with the supply chain team to overcome any factory or supply related issues.
- Seek out new factories based on demand and onboard new vendors that fit our requirements
- Analyse key data to influence reorder levels and points
- Map out release cycles and plan for 6-9months plus for some of our largest brands
- Work with internal teams outside of product to ensure shoots, and campaigns are planned and executed successfully, customer service is aware of upcoming launches and working with them to resolve issues, and working with the tech team supply chain teams and the internal tech platform to ensure we are fully ready for product launches and they are successful and smooth
Who is the perfect candidate?
You will be experienced in sourcing and factory relations and have solid experience in managing a successful product development cycle, from conception to products arriving at a customer’s door. You have led product planning, ensuring we are ready for peak buying seasons whilst constantly growing our offering into new audiences and markets
You will have a genuine interest in nutrition and beverage, you know and follow the key brands, key trends, you know what are the latest products and must have ingredients across the category.
This is a fast paced and ever-changing environment so a passion for product paired with a positive can do attitude is vital. The ideal candidate will thrive working within a start-up environment and combine proactive thinking and strong communication skills.
- Experience of working in a similar role within product development
- Really solid experience in either food or beverage product development from ideation to launch
- Extensive experience working with factories and suppliers around the world
- An understanding of every step of the process from design, sampling production and more
- Experience with tech packs and specs
- Experience using data to come up with an aggressive product strategy for a brand, pitching this to the client, then executing this over a period of 12 months.
- Organised and confident with excellent communication skills
- Great project management skills, managing lots of projects and ensuring we are hitting key dates of design, sampling, manufacture and launch.
- A history of resolving issues when they arise, quickly, efficiently and confidently.
- A strong background in innovation, expanding out into new product types and areas
- Strong relationship management and building skills
What it’s like working here
We are an incredibly talented team, assembled with experts from across various industries and specialisms. Genflow has achieved a lot of commercial success in a short space of time, culminating in our most recent round of investment in early 2021. We are intense, focussed and most importantly we are winners. If you want to be part of a business and culture that will push you to achieve career defining skills and goals whilst truly defining consumer behaviour, then come join us.
Small Teams & Real Ownership
Work in small, multi-disciplinary teams where you will usually focus on a specific set of products, allowing you real ownership of your work. We're proud of the close and friendly culture in our team and do our best to support this with team drinks, meals, and more.
At Genflow, our brands have customers in the tens-hundreds of thousands and love the products we build, so you can be sure that your work will have an impact.
The Best Tech, London Offices & Remote Options
We work with the latest and best technology available. Our team is constantly exploring new ways to improve our stack and you'll get the latest Mac hardware when you start. We have offices in Central London which you're welcome to use and are open to primarily/fully remote options too.
Private Healthcare, Coaching & Birthday Leave
All employees have access to regular professional coaching sessions, which can be used for professional development or personal support. We also have private care available to all employees, including mental health support. Finally, you'll also get your birthday off, in addition to your usual annual leave.
Your Own PC/Mac set up
Corporate Gym Discounts
Private Health Care
WFH/ Remote Policy
Your Team Events
Company wide events