DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT – LEATHER GOODS, HANDBAGS
Our Design and Development team is passionate about creating an innovative and beautiful product with a focus on handmade details and impeccable quality. With an ever expanding customer base and brand visibility, this is a great opportunity to join our rapidly growing company. You must possess an obsessive eye for detail and a strong work ethic.
Ulla Johnson is seeking a Design & Development Assistant for our handbag category. The ideal candidate should have a balance of creative & conceptual thinking, organizational skills and attention to detail. The assistant will collaborate with the design & development team on seasonal collections from concept through pre-production samples.
A successful candidate will be able to prioritize and complete tasks independently, have excellent attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency, and will ensure that our processes are organized and administered effectively.
• Help research silhouettes, techniques, materializations, groups, and trends based on direction from designer
• Assemble and maintain mood board, design deck, color palette and line sheet for collection presentations based on direction from designer
• Assist designer with CADs and color ups
• Partner with development team to prepare detailed, technical correction comments on samples received from the factories
• Maintain accurate handbag inventory, tracking the status of all samples
• Initiate design intent deck for each season, describing design details of each silhouette
• Set up line sheet creation each season
• Conduct research for new silhouette names and seasonal color names
• Responsible for sample & material organization which includes receiving and sending packages, photographing samples & design details, filing material submits and approvals, maintaining materials library etc.
• Maintain sample closet, ensuring samples are stored & shipped properly
• Key role in runway/lookbook preparation; including but not limited to packing/unpacking of all samples, maintaining showroom organization, creating accessories board for “looks” allocations, assist with sample fixes and alterations, dresser backstage at runway shows etc.
Desired Skills and Experience Requirements:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience
• Proficiency in Adobe inDesign, Adobe Photoshop & Microsoft Excel
• Flexibility to work on multiple projects simultaneously and proven multitasker
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter personality; driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency
• Willingness to learn and take direction