PR & Communications Assistant
- Tokyo, Japan
- Closing date
- 20 Dec 2021
- Entry Level / Assistant
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Date of last update: 5 Sep 2021
Function: MARKETING & COMMS/PR
Support marketing communication mainly in public relations including:
- Support exposure on multi vehicles in accordance with marketing strategies .
- Manage PR samples and showroom. Maintain the showroom neat and clean.
- Documentation in general including translation of press release and monthly editorial reports.
- Send press release to key fashion, lifestyle and news media.
- Manage editorial clippings and reports to UK as necessary.
- Manage PR assets and share with relevant departments as necessary.
- Co-work with global and regional HQ counterparts to align with global and regional directions.
- Seasonal runway show (physical or digital) arrangement s.
- Support other marketing team tasks - e.g. Event (manage guest list, invitations, catering, gifts) / Sales Promotion as necessary.
- Other administration work- e.g. update contact list, sample list, raising PO, office equipment management etc.
- Working experience in PR, preferably in luxury fashion/ cosmetic industry.
- Strong interests in fashion and retail.
- Excellent communication skill ; ability to articulate one's thoughts as well as to listen to others.
- Customer- and business-oriented.
- Tenacious , positive and creative thinker and self-starter.
- Time-management and juggling skills.
- Passion to develop and improve new business
- Keep abreast of trends and news in general.
- Good sense of documentation and copy-writing.
- Business level English .
- Excellen t c omputer literate . (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert