IT Market Manager
- Shanghai, China
- Closing date
- 30 Apr 2023
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
This role is critical in enabling the business to perform at the required level through provision of appropriate technology solutions and services whilst adhering to global Burberry IT standards.
This role is responsible for maintaining agreed levels of IT service across the stores, offices and manufacturing, and working with other IT teams to continuously improve service levels.
The role will be the point of escalation for the business regarding service issues that are high priority or are falling outside of SLAs.
Partner with Retail VP, District Managers and Retail Ops to ensure IT services and in-store technologies / support meet business demands.
Owner of any local Supplier Management - 3rd party IT service contracts, periodic reviews, setting appropriate regional SLAs and driving continuous improvement.
Team Orchestration - Inspire, lead and manage a matrix of technical engineers (both internal and/or external) to deliver exceptional service exceeding customer expectations.
- Work with business teams (Operations, Digital Advisors, Retail Management) as their advisor on and owner of IT and service issues to:
- Stay abreast of operational changes and events to ensure service cover is provided.
- Resolve IT issues that are impacting business operations.
- Provide support for stores, offices and manufacturing through a team of local resources in key locations. This will require close management of both internal Burberry employees and 3rd party-supplied resources to ensure they are providing excellent, proactive service to the business in their respective markets.
- Organise support cover for holidays and special events.
- Responsible for the performance of all IT services (POS, AV, Footfall, Back-of-House (Scanners, Printer & PCs), Assets/Devices (e.g. iPad, Team Badge), Time & Attendance and Network & Comms (LIBO, WAN, LAN, IPT, Mobile, Wifi (Guest & Corporate)), in all stores, offices, hubs and manufacturing facilities across the UK 24x7.
- Ensure IT service escalations are resolved in a timely manner by engaging appropriate IT teams, leading troubleshooting activity and liaising closely with the business to provide updates and/or co-ordinate resources.
- Work with suppliers who provide support services to ensure their service levels are maintained and to facilitate resolution of more complex issues.
- Manage moves & changes to IT equipment and services that fall outside of Store deployment projects.
- Escalate risks and issues to IT management where necessary.
- Carry out regular reviews of service levels and IT issues across the region and formulate resolution plans.
- Analyse service data and provide regular (weekly) reporting on service levels to the business and IT management.
- Transition to Service - Support the successful transition of all Store Deployment Project/Programme completed across the region, into the BAU (Business-as-Usual) support structure.
- MIM (Major Incident Management) - Participate in regional escalation coverage rota, covering weekends and peak trade periods throughout the year.
- Perform any other appropriate duties as delegated by line and functional management and IT SLT.
- Retail Store Support (2yrs +)
- General Service / experience (3yrs +).
- Experience of operations (2yrs+).
- University Degree or equivalent.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: China Mainland || Not Applicable || Shanghai || IT || COMMERCIAL (REGIONAL) || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert