Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows and digital events such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic opportunities will translate into stronger events for buyers and sellers and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised experiences, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for completing key deliverables and comprehensive creative assets to support projects, initiatives, and campaigns for all Informa Markets Fashion portfolio brands. This role collaborates daily with internal Content, and Marketing teams to see their vision through to completion.
The role will require working closely with the Design Director to ensure consistent design, look, and feel of various marketing and promotional materials for events and publications, including web, email marketing and social media campaigns, as well as print marketing, editorial design, signage and everything in between. They should possess passion & experience working with and thinking through the interfaces and
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, collaborative, highly creative, detail-oriented, and able to manage a variety of projects, to deliver on-brand, engaging creative on time.
We want someone who can push the boundaries of two-dimensional marketing to design a deeply immersive visual and product experience, aligned with the business’ strategic goals.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Development and ideation of overarching design for fashion portfolio brand strategies, as well as implementing brand guidelines
- Collaborate actively with brand teams, marketing, content, social media, and other cross functional teams to engage and activate internal creative resources as needed and as relevant to marketing, content, brand, and social media initiatives
- Ensure seamless aesthetic across multiple channels, with brand integrity and positioning as a priority
- Project management and active collaboration with external creative resources, agencies, partners to develop and delivery world-class creative assets on time and on budget
- Prioritize work and resources across projects based on short- and long-term needs, establishing achievable production schedules by collaborating with design director, brand and marketing teams as needed.
- Help execute new opportunities and improvements for design optimization across various channels from paid social, email, landing pages, and more.
- Conduct regular brainstorming sessions with marketing, content, and brand teams, prioritizing strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives that align with marketing and business goals.
- Actively communicate project updates, tracking against deadlines; apply broad knowledge of design skills and file/asset management to handle delivery and distribution of assets to teams
- Effective presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations.
- Consistently educate yourself in the latest design, new media, and creative trends, technology, tools, and innovations.
- Four-year college degree, with 4+ years additional work experience as a graphic designer, or equal experience
- Must provide a strong online portfolio showcasing recent work that illustrates your process of taking ideas from concept to completion.
- Expert understanding of the fundamentals of visual communication and design, including color theory, 2D/3D design, visual organization/composition, information hierarchy, aesthetics, typography, and use of symbols.
- Knowledge of user experience, design standards, conversion optimization, and best practices
- Expert working knowledge of Macintosh platform and desktop publishing software such as Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat: as well as Microsoft office including Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Core-Apps mobile app platform a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager website development platform a plus
- Familiarity with video and motion graphics in After Effects / Adobe Premiere Pro / Final Cut a plus
- Computer drawing, illustration, layout, and photo editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written, and ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations and influencing internal stakeholders, services and platforms. Comfortable collaborating internally.
- Well-traveled, culturally sensitive, and able to balance human factors with professional expectations.
- Highly organized with deep experience running teams and managing multiple projects at once
- Problem solving – you balance stakeholder needs while maintaining brand and business objectives.
- Be able to work within the constraints of strong brand guidelines.
- Demonstrates flexibility; can re-define role as needed and adapt to change
- Seeks continuous mastery of new technical and business knowledge and encourages the same in others.
- Identifies and analyzes visual communication problems, successfully describes problems to others, and generates alternative solutions and evaluations of outcomes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple campaigns, projects in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently.
- Understanding of copyright laws.
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience with digital advertising design and deployment
- Experience designing marketing emails (HTML)
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.