Junior Merchandiser - Digital Channels
An opportunity has arisen for a Merchandiser to join the team at Dover Street Market London. This role will focus primarily on our digital platforms and will cover all areas across the Dover Street Market portfolio of brands. A key focus would be to manage and grow the burgeoning FarFetch channel.
The ideal candidate will be commercial, have experience of online trading and be highly analytical, along with exceptional leadership skills. The role would suit someone with a high degree of flexibility and ready for a challenging project.
The role requires working within a high pressure and superfast-paced physical and online retail environment and is suited to a self-driven and entrepreneurial individual, with proven experience with the Luxury and Streetwear Retail industry.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing analytical insight and weekly / seasonal KPIs in order to facilitate optimum trade across digital / online channels.
- Optimise upload and flow of stock from photography, production through to replenishment, in accordance with departmental KPIs.
- Attend buy reviews and trade meetings, providing analytical and product knowledge where required - a strong and vocal approach to team meetings is essential.
- Run and distribute weekly reports – this candidate is required to manage and be comfortable with large amounts of data.
- Sale planning and markdown management.
- Ensure all trade opportunities are fully maximised – this role requires an entrepreneurial thinker capable of reacting quickly to all possibilities.
- To keep a close eye on wider retail landscape ensuring Dover Street Market is ahead of the curve and engaging routinely with emerging opportunities.
- Working closely with the Finance team to ensure payments are timely and any issues are resolved.
- To work collaboratively and assist the greater team in any way necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience and knowledge of FarFetch Storm platform.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Good commercial knowledge and extremely product focussed.
- Outstanding strategic and analytical skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with cross-functional team.
- Must be able to use Excel to an exceptional standard (e.g. Pivots, formulas, formatting).
- Experience with Retail Pro is beneficial.
- Strong numerically – comfortable with simple and advanced calculations.
- Confident with delivering and presenting information effectively to large groups.
- Driven and entrepreneurial; prepared to do whatever it takes to drive the best possible results.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable with a flexible can-do approach.
- Tenacious and always looking for opportunities and ways to improve.
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organised.
- Willingness to work hard to drive the business forward.
- Able to work and understand both detailed work and the broader picture.
- Able to work to deadlines / ability to prioritise / optimal time management.