Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.JOB PURPOSE
What we need and what we offer:
We have redefined our approach to DevOps - maintaining the responsibility of efficiency that comes from "run what you wrote", but without the 24x7x365 operational responsibility of dealing with outages, or routine tasks like patching and access management. So we're building out our core in-house Cloud Engineering capability under this new model.
This role is ideal for the Senior Engineer with an Architectural skew and strong Cloud Infrastructure expertise; who has hands on technical ability, can conduct end-to-end PoC's, and can bring their wealth of experience to life by defining our future with evolving technologies. This role will be responsible for the configuration, integration and automation of a wide-range of cloud technologies including, but not limited to, server and serverless compute, containerisation and container management, networking, messaging, IaC, IAM, version control, and logging - deployed through our CI/CD pipeline solution. Equally they must have developed their communication and emotional intelligence skills, to lead service providers, rather than figure out technical resolutions to issue at anti-social times. All this, while operating in a people and D&I focused working environment, and enjoying a range of company perks and competitive salary.
What we do:
We complement our brand, our physical store presence, and our sophisticated online platforms, with a global cross-cloud infrastructure, delivering our customer, commercial, and corporate digital services. We challenge the status quo, and seek to replicate the quality of our fashion products with the quality and ambition of our technology estate.
The team is currently home based working, with the expectation of travel to Leeds or London as required. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with mix of technology across AWS, Azure, and other hosting partners, you will;
- Reactively investigate, diagnose, resolve, and test cloud infrastructure issues raised to the team.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for measurement, automations and deployment improvements, as well as increased performance and stability.
- Bring your career experience to bear by providing insight of good working practices.
- Support the team, balance the demands of critical, short term, and long term objectives.
- Manage senior stakeholders.
Essential experience configuring or using the following:Verion Control:
- Extensive experience of supporting DevOps teams that covers design, development and operational support.
- Good communication style with other domain experts to support a single end to end delivery goal and coordination between technology teams.
- Experience of managing senior stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Software engineering mind-set.
- A degree in a computer science or related discipline is ideal.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong collaborative working style, as well as driving quality led practices in every aspect of their work.
- Agility to context switching between tasks to maximise overall team output.
Bash Commands, Linux FS, SSH Key ManagementNetworking:
DNS, Subnets, Gateways, DHCP, NAT, HTTP, Firewalls, Load Balancers & Proxy ServersCloud:
AWS or Azure servicesCI/CD:
Gitlab or JenkinsLogging:
One or more of the following (Grafana, ELK, Splunk, Prometheus)Desirable experience to have:Cloud:
Docker, Kubernettes, TerraformConfig:
SAML2, OAuth2, OpenID, Ping SSOFOOTER
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || ICS OPERATIONS & EMPLOYEE || n/a ||