Raw Materials Procurement Manager- Jersey and Knit
- Milan, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 25 Jan 2022
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The role is responsible for the negotiation, acquisition and utilisation of raw materials for RTW with a specific focus on Jersey & Knit, as well as supporting the RM strategy for Organic Cotton, Certified Wool, Recycled Synthetics and Core fabrics. The RM Manager will liaise with the sourcing, merchandising, raw materials development, design, product development, product engineering, planning and finance functions, to ensure the optimisation of raw materials and the contribution to company profit.
Technical background is highly preferred. In depth knowledge of fabrics production processes as well as familiarity with the suppliers landscape in order to provide solutions is required.
• Develop, in partnership with the rest of the team, a robust procurement strategy & approach, with the commitment of all relevant internal stakeholders
• Partner with the business and maintain continuous dialogue to understand on-going business needs & future aspirations
• Lead the development of procurement policies and procedures
• Build & establish collaborative partnerships with suppliers, including timely 2 way communications, feedback on performance, risk/opportunity mitigation/creation
• Own the end to end management activities of the supplier base (including selecting & on boarding, negotiation, matrix & risk management, capacity management, performance & exit) in partnership with internal stakeholders
• Manage the hedging of commodity price fluctuations in response to market trends
• Ensure the effective execution of Textile RM activities in line with the procurement critical path
• Manage & monitor budget provisioning activity in line with hindsight analytics & procurement strategy
• Prevent the RM excess creation and excess management
• Manage the seasonal/annual review of excess, establishing reasons & suggesting improvement areas for mitigating risk
• Review supplier performance management feedback & agree appropriate response mechanism
• Ensure effective use of systems and maintenance & accuracy of data
• Supplier selection, performance management & exit
• RM /Trim cost negotiations
• Negotiate lead times
• Best utilisation of excess material #L1-CA1
- Textile engineering education or equivalent
- Systems Management knowledge and skills:
• Microsoft office
• Flex PLM, preorder management tool
• Delivery tracking
- Strong influencing/negotiation skills
- Strong industry knowledge
- Experience in a similar luxury company
- Previous experience in managing raw materials in a similar fashion company
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Milan || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || RAW MATERIALS MANAGEMENT -RTW || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert