Senior Manager Content Marketing
Since its beginnings in 2003, hush has always sought to engage its customers in a conversation about much more than just the beautiful clothes we sell. Travel, food, culture and life are all part of our wardrobe; positivity, inclusivity and sustainability are topics we are passionate about. As we expand as a brand, we are looking for a dynamic, creative and tenacious Content Marketing leader to play a pivotal role in shaping and delivering our content marketing strategy. Collaborating closely with our Creative/Editorial, Buying & Merchandising and Marketing teams, you will be responsible for driving a content marketing strategy to amplify the hush brand through owned, earned, paid channels and partner channels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Define a clear content strategy for the hush brand, which reinforces hush brand values and positioning within the womenswear, accessories and lifestyle marketplace.
- Ensure the seasonal brand communications plan projects a clear and distinctive personality for the brand that is congruent with hush brand values - while also being tightly aligned with key commercial objectives, product launch timings and the trading calendar.
- Collaborate closely with Creative/Editorial and Buying & Merchandising leadership to brainstorm, develop and define a seasonal programme of content which amplifies the core values and positioning of the hush brand and showcases key product lines to drive awareness/consideration among potential new customers and drive deeper engagement/loyalty and love of the hush brand among existing customers.
- Work with marketing channel owners to align and balance brand-building story-telling with commercial revenue-driving communications activity within an overall seasonal communications plan.
- Own the marketing relationship with John Lewis, working with our retail partner to plan seasonal marketing activity across JLP channels to grow our share of their business.
- Manage and develop the Content Marketing Manager – ensuring that brand storytelling is managed effectively and coordinated across multiple channels.
- Own the Marketing Content Calendar, so channel owners can align their plans with it and cross-functional stakeholders are fully aware of the content schedule across a season.
- At least 7 years’ experience in Marketing - with a proven track record of building brand awareness, buzz and advocacy through multi-media marketing content and campaigns.
- Highly organised, structured and strategic – able to drive clarity and understanding about the primary purpose and objective of content and to evaluate/prioritise creative ideas by linking them back to the overarching content strategy and brand values.
- A planner by nature – able to establish and get cross-functional alignment around a seasonal content calendar well in advance of seasonal launch dates, working with multiple stakeholders across B&M, Creative and marketing channel owners.
- Proven experience of coming up with original, creative and inspiring content themes based on a brand and content strategy to appeal and resonate with both existing customers and new prospective customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence multiple senior stakeholders and drive clear and timely decision-making.
- A good understanding of the creative campaign development and pre-production/shoot process -able to manage content development to meet production requirements.
- Able to build strong relationships, think creatively and manage time effectively.
- Flexible, adaptable working style with an ability to learn quickly, manage ambiguity, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment and with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- An ability to ‘toggle’ between highly conceptual, creative ideation and a more pragmatic planning and delivery process-orientation.