Customer Analytics Manager
Hush is a fast-growing fashion and lifestyle brand, founded 15 years ago by
Mandy Watkins and now established as one of the UK’s leading online fashion retailers. We employ over 100 staff in our head office and across 33 John Lewis concessions, creating and selling a beautiful range of women’s clothing and accessories that are characterised by an elegant simplicity and laidback sense of style. Despite the challenges to the retail industry over the past 2 years, hush has continued grow – but our company culture still reflects our entrepreneurial roots and relaxed aesthetic – we love hard-working and talented people with a can-do attitude and a passion for what they do. So, if that’s you and you want to be part of our exciting journey, please get in touch!
We are driving a data and insight culture across the whole business and this role is key to delivering that vision. Over the past 12 months the analytics function has set the foundations to allow Marketing to answer key strategic business questions. This work has included on boarding new tech, reviewing the data layer, defining new attributes, and building a new data warehouse in Big Query. We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Customer Analytics Manager to transform data from multiple sources into valuable, actionable insights which put the customer at the centre of decision-making across the business and can fuel our ambitious plans for future growth.
· Utilise Big Query and new BI tool to build an advanced, comprehensive & flexible reporting suite across marketing channel, customer segment, sales channel, and product category performance.
· Work with Finance and Merchandising to enhance our sales forecasting model to improve the granularity and accuracy of our forecasting and improve business-wide understanding of the drivers of our sales performance (weekly, monthly & as part of our periodic reforecasting process).
· Monitor market and competitor benchmarking data to evaluate hush performance relative to the broader market, identifying both tactical trading and more strategic opportunities to improve company performance.
· Evaluate the case for deploying econometric modelling to further improve our understanding of the drivers of overall business performance and to optimise strategy
· Take ownership for rolling out an improved multi-touch attribution model to enhance channel reporting and gain insight on upper funnel activity.
· Provide insights on acquisition drivers to inform spend and resource distribution as well as creative direction.
· Spearhead customer segmentation analysis based on a combination of geo-demographic, spend behavioural (eg: RFM) and attitudinal data and deep understanding of customer needs through customer surveys and primary market research
· Build a feedback loop so that data is used as the foundation for seasonal campaigns and the basis of strategic business decisions.
· Respond to ad hoc business requests and manage a customer analytics project backlog. Effectively prioritize, visualize and present findings to a diverse group of stakeholders.
· Monitor and enhance the health of the CRM database/s to ensure that data is accurate and data protection legislation is enforced
· Liaise with IT regarding the development and adoption of future projects, such as business intelligence tools and integrating new data
To join us, you must have:
· A passion for using large data sets ‘hands on’ to understand customer behaviour and derive actionable insights
· A good understanding of DDA attribution models and experience with GA360, Big Query, GTM, Data Studio, BI tools, optimize 360 & Excel.
· Must have a working knowledge of SQL, ideally also VBA and Python but not essential
· Excellent stakeholder management skills and evidence of successful outcomes from collaborative projects – with the confidence to explain analysis and influence decision-making at C-suite level
· A strong knowledge around utilising data visualisation tools to build out visually engaging solutions (e.g. Data studio, Tableau)
· Customer segmentation and market research experience, ideally within the retail/fashion industry.
· Experience of mentoring and coaching digital marketing, ecommerce trading and digital analytics colleagues
· Understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem and how to measure success for each channel.
· Educated to a degree level (a Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science focus would be an advantage)
· Excellent communication skills – Analytics is a priority area for senior stakeholders in the business, so it is important you’re able to effectively communicate insights to those without digital expertise
· Enthusiasm for the ever changing digital marketing industry, it is import to seek out market trends and incorporate this into the hush digital strategy
· An exceptional work ethic & excellent eye for detail and accuracy - we have highly ambitious growth expectations, it is important to not only have excellent knowledge of analytics tools but also be able to translate this into positive results for the business
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, generous staff discounts of 55%, sample sales as well as the opportunity to develop a career, attend relevant conferences & training courses whilst working in a fast-paced but fun environment!