Purpose of the role
Dinny Hall is now looking to hire someone who is starting their career in merchandising and has a passion for retail, or for someone who is already an established Allocator looking to make that next step to Senior.
The Allocator will be responsible for ensuring that the right stock is allocated to the right stores in the right quantity to potentialise sales.
Working closely with both the Product and Retail teams, you will use your analysis to ensure the right stock package make it into each of our stores to drive profitability and sell through.
Working in a team and reporting to Operations Director/ head of merchandising, you will already be operating at Allocator/Senior Allocator level and confidently able to manage stocks into the business and out to stores. Being a linchpin to the Operation Director/Head of merchandising providing key administrative support, building strong relationships with the brand will ensure we are all working together to deliver our vision as a brand.
- Overseeing the allocation of product to stores
- Analysing store performance and strategizing solutions in order to mazimize sales potential
- Providing weekly Monday reports highlighting good and bad performers, stock availability
- Ensuring stocks are in the right place at the right time through reviewing weekly store and best seller reports
- Providing key administrative support to the merchandising function
- Liaising with the stores and suppliers on a regular basis
- Stock replenishment, consolidations and arranging transfers
- From time to time involved in any ad-hoc projects.
- Has previous experience working at allocator level
- Confident, proactive and able to think creatively when problem solving
- Communicates with others clearly, effectively and with respect
- Has a real passion for the brand and can objectively evaluate product ranges using sound commercial rationale
- Strive to achieve and drive the best results
- Demonstrates the brand values and promotes them within our stores
- Excellent team player who is collaborative in their approach
- Reliable and acts in a timely manner
- Able to demonstrate strong excel skills
- A degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills - trend identification and risk management critical
- Financial understanding
- Good commercial awareness of the industry
- Good communication and relationship skills
- IT literate
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage time well to prioritise multiple workstreams/objectives
- Innovative and uses initiative
- Understanding of the purpose of a merchandising function
Please send your CV and covering letter to