Womenswear Designer (Underwear, Swimwear & Hosiery)
Do you like to use your creativity to push the boundaries in everything you do? Are you forward thinking and fascinated by what fashion followers are going to want next? Do you have a strong design identity and passion for women’s fashion? Do you communicate concepts in an inspiring way to bring design stories to life?
If so, this could be the role for you. We are now looking for a Designer to join our creative and dynamic Womenswear Accessories team.
This role will report into the Buying Manager and is offered on a full time permanent contract.
COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want timeless, modern, functional and considered design. Offering reinvented classics and wardrobe essentials, we create pieces that are made to last beyond the season. Since launching in 2007 we have opened stores in over 40 countries worldwide, all in carefully considered locations, applying a design concept that preserves the buildings’ original features whilst creating a modern, contemporary space.
What will you do?
As a Designer at COS, you will work closely with the broader Design, Buying and Pattern teams to drive the assortment and develop the collection through all channels. You will bring innovative ideas and design suggestions to life and deliver a unique product to our customers.
- Work collaboratively from concept to completion to ensure alignment of priorities and direction
- Show a high level of awareness by constantly evaluating trends and customer behaviours
- Produce and present extensive research, sketches, drapes and 3D samples for collection development
- Undertake research into innovative and sustainable materials and identify and propose new ranges and potential products
- Coordinate the assortment planning which enhances the COS aesthetics
- Develop and communicate visual information to all relevant teams
- Ensure that the collection caters for all customer groups
- Constantly monitor and react to sales trends and seek new selling opportunities
- Communicate the department goals and results throughout the organisation as required
- Certifiable textile/design qualification
- Experience as a womenswear designer specialising in underwear, swimwear & hosiery.
- Strong grasp of sustainable fashion solutions, material innovation and product development
- Wide technical knowledge of textiles and innovative design methods for this particular product type
- Good eye for colour, detail and proportion
- Thorough knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Strong team player and inspiring communicator
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and creative environment
- Strong design identity in line with the COS aesthetics and understanding of our customer
- Flexibility to travel
Why choose us?
Since we started our journey in 2007, we have carefully crafted a work environment in which our employees are encouraged and inspired to be the best they can be. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and dynamic; we choose longevity over passing trends.
At COS we are dedicated to recruiting great people by offering an inclusive work environment where talent is recognised, valued and appreciated. We believe that our values and diversity play a significant role in the success of our brand.
If you are successful in your application, we will ensure you receive a full training program and you will be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- 25 days holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Standard Life pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- A range of long service benefits.
Please kindly note that for us to consider your application, you will need to include a portfolio or examples of your work most suited to the COS design aesthetic, where possible please include hand sketches to illustrate your design style.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.