Senior Performance Designer
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. As Sweaty Betty continues its global expansion, we are looking for a visionary who is obsessed with the Sweaty Betty Product and the future of activewear to join our growing Design Team.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
On your SB Journey, you will be:
- Owning the high-performance category (Cycling, Running and Hiit); continue to innovate and develop premium forward-thinking product that consistently performs well and looks amazing.
- Driving the brand in a conceptual, boundary-breaking way to ensure we continue to maintain our position in the marketplace as a pioneering international women’s activewear brand in an ever-competitive landscape.
- Researching, designing and building balanced, exciting and new collections encompassing seasonal trends, theme, colour, print and SB handwriting to answer the business strategies and targets, from initial ideas through to sealer sample.
- Reporting into the VP of Design, you will be managing a small performance design team and ensuring that all design deadlines and key development dates in the critical path are met.
- Travelling to Asia, Turkey, USA and Europe as required and subject to travel restrictions.
- Minimum 5 years’ technical activewear experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator.
- An understanding of a PLM system.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.