ANALYTICS STUDENT PLACEMENT 2022
From a garage in Birmingham to a global billion-dollar company, Gymshark is constantly evolving. Today, we exist to unite the conditioning community. We pride ourselves on being a team of grafters, innovators and visionaries. But above all else, we are a family. Our family is ambitious and hard-working. We’re committed and consistent. We’re passionate and progressive. Simply put, we’re different.
We are dedicated to finding talented individuals to join our Gymshark family, people that can bring an exemplary level of skill and add to our culture by sharing the same values and beliefs that make us who we are – visionary. If you’ve got something no-one else has, we want you. Be a part of inventing Gymshark’s future.
Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. The people that drive our success and infectious culture each come with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities, background and body. We’re different because we celebrate difference. That’s what the Gymshark family is – diverse, inclusive, equal.
A little bit about the role
When you work for us, you’re more than a placement student – you join our rapidly expanding Gymshark family. We give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster and be the best version of themselves. We work hard, sure, but we have fun while we do it. Sound like you?
We are looking for an undergraduate to join our Data & Insights Team for an exciting 13-month placement starting July 2022. Data underpins Gymshark’s vision by driving and validating business strategies. The Analytics team sits within the Data function and is split into 3 teams – Customer, Marketing and Commercial.
This analytics placement will provide the opportunity to be involved within a range of tasks to generate and share critical analytical insights. This includes conducting analytics on large data sets, using a variety of analytical tools, working in collaboration with stakeholders around the business and presenting back insights identified through reports, infographics, and presentations. The primary tools you will be using daily to unlock analytical insight will be SQL, Tableau and Alteryx; but we are always looking for ways to develop our skills and toolkit.
There are two Analytics Placement opportunities with Gymshark, one will sit with the Customer Analytics team and the other under the Marketing Analytics team.
What you’ll be doing
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Support the customer, marketing & commercial analytics teams on insight projects by conducting analysis on vast amounts of customer data and identifying trends that answer key business questions.
- Support the Data team in providing targeted data selections for business communications/campaigns.
- Turn trends/findings identified from projects you have completed into actionable insight, communicating these findings to the wider business through engaging reports, infographics and presentations that tell a compelling insight story.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand and fulfil their insight needs.
- Assist with the day to day running of the analytics team by providing support on any ad-hoc tasks/projects as and where required
What you’ll need
We’re not about box-ticking, but if this profile speaks to you all the better:
- Have successfully completed the penultimate year of your chosen degree
- Good IT literacy and confident using Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft word
- Accurate numerical skills and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively
- Willingness to learn new tools and programmes
- Ability to use initiative in challenging situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are a naturally curious thinking, self-driven character
What you’ll get
There’s never been a better time to work for Gymshark. We are growing fast, and we want ambitious people to join us for the ride. We offer a diverse and inclusive culture, a supportive and sociable work environment, plus ample opportunities for professional growth, development and networking.
Not to mention…
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want
💻 A truly Flexible Working Culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great Training and Learning Resources
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
🍎 Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
👉 Free monthly massages
💈 Beauty and Barber facilities
🚘 Free on-site parking
What happens next?
If your application is successful, you'll be invited to take part in a video screening and if successful, you'll be invited to an in person assessment day. Our assessment days will be held at Gymshark HQ, Solihull, UK at the beginning of December.
Job applications open on 11th October 2021 and close on 24th October 2021.
Placement is for 13 months from July 2022.