CONSUMER RESEARCH STUDENT PLACEMENT 2022
From a garage in Birmingham to a global billion-dollar company, Gymshark is constantly evolving. Today, we exist to unite the conditioning community. We pride ourselves on being a team of grafters, innovators and visionaries. But above all else, we are a family. Our family is ambitious and hard-working. We’re committed and consistent. We’re passionate and progressive. Simply put, we’re different.
We are dedicated to finding talented individuals to join our Gymshark family, people that can bring an exemplary level of skill and add to our culture by sharing the same values and beliefs that make us who we are – visionary. If you’ve got something no-one else has, we want you. Be a part of inventing Gymshark’s future.
Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. The people that drive our success and infectious culture each come with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities, background and body. We’re different because we celebrate difference. That’s what the Gymshark family is – diverse, inclusive, equal.
A little bit about the role
When you work for us, you’re more than a placement student – you join our rapidly expanding Gymshark family. We give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster and be the best version of themselves. We work hard, sure, but we have fun while we do it. Sound like you?
We are looking for an undergraduate to join our Research Team for an exciting 13-month placement starting July 2022. This role will support to the Research team within the Data & Insight function, helping to provide actionable insights on the Gymshark Customer to the rest of the business.
You will be involved with a range of tasks which all aim in supporting the gathering, generating and sharing of customer insights. This includes working with stakeholders on their insight questions, designing and analysing data from qualitative and quantitative research projects, working with secondary research resources and presenting back insights and recommendations to stakeholders.
Another key part of this role will be supporting with the monitoring and engagement of our digital research community, ensuring we’re providing participants with a unique and rewarding experience. As such, you will be involved in planning communications materials to build engagement and affinity within the research community – so this role would also suit somebody studying Digital Marketing/Digital Community Engagement who has a keen interest in consumer insight.
What you’ll be doing
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Coordinate research internal & external initiatives such as focus groups, product testing and other customer insight events, and stakeholder insight days.
- Work with the Consumer Research team generate insights through assisting with primary qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Support the Consumer Research team on the project design, research objectives, research methodologies, sample criteria and activation/embedment of key insights for strategic, business critical insight projects.
- Turn trends/findings identified from projects you have completed into actionable insight, communicating these findings to the wider business through engaging reports, infographics and presentations that tell a compelling insight story
- Work closely with Brand Research intern, Customer Analytics Intern and wider Data team to join the dots between market trends and transactional data and behaviours to tell an engaging story.
What you’ll need
We’re not about box-ticking, but if this profile speaks to you all the better:
- Have successfully completed the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree in a business/marketing, psychology or maths related discipline,
- Good IT literacy and confident using Excel, PowerPoint and MS word
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior and psychology
- Accurate numerical skills and knowledge of how to read data tables
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively
- Willingness to learn about a variety of research methodologies and techniques
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and build relationships with key stakeholders
- You are a naturally curious thinking, self-driven character with a passion for understanding customers and meeting their needs
What you’ll get
There’s never been a better time to work for Gymshark. We are growing fast, and we want ambitious people to join us for the ride. We offer a diverse and inclusive culture, a supportive and sociable work environment, plus ample opportunities for professional growth, development and networking.
Not to mention…
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want
💻 A truly Flexible Working Culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great Training and Learning Resources
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
🍎 Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
👉 Free monthly massages
💈 Beauty and Barber facilities
🚘 Free on-site parking
What happens next?
If your application is successful, you'll be invited to take part in a video screening and if successful, you'll be invited to an in person assessment day. Our assessment days will be held at Gymshark HQ, Solihull, UK at the beginning of December.
Job applications open on 11th October 2021 and close on 24th October 2021.
Placement is for 13 months from July 2022.