CYBER SECURITY STUDENT PLACEMENT 2022
From a garage in Birmingham to a global billion-dollar company, Gymshark is constantly evolving. Today, we exist to unite the conditioning community. We pride ourselves on being a team of grafters, innovators and visionaries. But above all else, we are a family. Our family is ambitious and hard-working. We’re committed and consistent. We’re passionate and progressive. Simply put, we’re different.
We are dedicated to finding talented individuals to join our Gymshark family, people that can bring an exemplary level of skill and add to our culture by sharing the same values and beliefs that make us who we are – visionary. If you’ve got something no-one else has, we want you. Be a part of inventing Gymshark’s future.
Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. The people that drive our success and infectious culture each come with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities, background and body. We’re different because we celebrate difference. That’s what the Gymshark family is – diverse, inclusive, equal.
A little bit about the role
When you work for us, you’re more than a placement student – you join our rapidly expanding Gymshark family. We give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster and be the best version of themselves. We work hard, sure, but we have fun while we do it. Sound like you?
The Cyber Security Placement will be responsible for assisting the Cyber Security Team across a range of areas to protect our family, information and assets. This role will cover a full range of disciplines from physical cabling to alert response, awareness campaigns to compliance... and everything else in between!
Cyber Security is a fundamental part of how we keep our family safe; we are passionate about that, so we need you to be too.
Whilst technical skill is highly valued, being approachable and having a positive attitude is paramount as you will ultimately be interacting with a lot of people across the business. Clear communication is essential.
What you’ll be doing
You will gain experience in the following areas:
Through working closely with the current network engineers within the team, you will gain knowledge, experience and, once capable, be responsible for the following network activities:
- Physical cabling
- IP address management
- Installation/Configuration/Patching of network devices
- Monitoring health of network infrastructure
- Initial triage of network related incidents
Working collaboratively with the Governance Team, as well as the other areas of the Cyber Security Team, you will gain knowledge and experience in:
- Conducting cyber and information security risk assessments on third parties and internal practices
- Reviewing and updating current policies, processes and measures
- Relevant compliance standards such as PCI DSS and ISO 27001
Culminating in delivering a mini campaign of your own, you will work with the Cyber Security Team alongside Copy, Artwork, Video, Brand and Internal Comms to gain knowledge and experience in:
- Understanding a target audience, including how to grab attention
- Using psychological levers to generate positive behavioural change
- Adobe Creative Cloud
Incident & Threat Specific
As one of the team, you will work collaboratively to ensure the Gymshark family can operate effectively in a safe and secure environment. Along your journey, you will gain knowledge and experience in:
- Monitoring security tool alerts to identify possible cyber incidents
- Intelligence triage to assess company impact
- Understanding of vulnerability management and the importance of patching
- Incident response and incident management
- Identification of threats through proactive threat hunting and user behaviour.
- Security tool knowledge on SIEM, EDR/MDR, email protection & network protection
What you’ll need
We’re not about box-ticking, but if this profile speaks to you all the better:
- Have successfully completed the penultimate year of your chosen degree
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- A demonstrable level of Industry awareness
- A keen interest in learning and personal growth
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Proficient in the English Language
What you’ll get
There’s never been a better time to work for Gymshark. We are growing fast, and we want ambitious people to join us for the ride. We offer a diverse and inclusive culture, a supportive and sociable work environment, plus ample opportunities for professional growth, development and networking.
Not to mention…
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want
💻 A truly Flexible Working Culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great Training and Learning Resources
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
🍎 Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
👉 Free monthly massages
💈 Beauty and Barber facilities
🚘 Free on-site parking
What happens next?
If your application is successful, you'll be invited to take part in a video screening and if successful, you'll be invited to an in person assessment day. Our assessment days will be held at Gymshark HQ, Solihull, UK at the beginning of December.
Job applications open on 11th October 2021 and close on 24th October 2021.
Placement is for 13 months from July 2022.