FINANCE STUDENT PLACEMENT 2022
From a garage in Birmingham to a global billion-dollar company, Gymshark is constantly evolving. Today, we exist to unite the conditioning community. We pride ourselves on being a team of grafters, innovators and visionaries. But above all else, we are a family. Our family is ambitious and hard-working. We’re committed and consistent. We’re passionate and progressive. Simply put, we’re different.
We are dedicated to finding talented individuals to join our Gymshark family, people that can bring an exemplary level of skill and add to our culture by sharing the same values and beliefs that make us who we are – visionary. If you’ve got something no-one else has, we want you. Be a part of inventing Gymshark’s future.
Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. The people that drive our success and infectious culture each come with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities, background and body. We’re different because we celebrate difference. That’s what the Gymshark family is – diverse, inclusive, equal.
A little bit about the role
When you work for us, you’re more than a student placement – you join our rapidly expanding Gymshark family. We give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster and be the best version of themselves. We work hard, sure, but we have fun while we do it. Sound like you?
We are looking for an undergraduate to join our Finance Team for an exciting 13-month placement starting in July 2022. As a Finance Student Placement, your mission will be to support with the financial and reporting needs of Gymshark.
This role will be split into two 6-month rotations, each one reporting to a different manager. Best suited for a self-starter who is ready for anything!
What you’ll be doing
You will gain experience in the following areas:
Core Finance (Reporting to Financial Accountant)
- Learn about all things Accounts Payable and Treasury functions, and assisting the team with day-to-day tasks
- Balance sheet controls accounts – assisting with reconciliation reviews, investigation of discrepancies and unreconciling items
- Helping the team with interim and year-end external audit procedures
- Learn the reporting of creditors’ and debtors’ ledgers
- Assist in the development of financial policies, processes and working instructions
Management Information (Reporting to MI Manager)
- Learn the prepayments and accruals processes
- Assist in preparation of management accounts, including flash accounts
- Helping to prepare monthly commercial packs
- Assist in development and analysis of financial commercial insight
- Assist in the reconciliation and management of key balance sheet codes
- Support all audit visits i.e. internal, external and contractual audits
- Learn how to ensure compliance with all relevant accounting practices, procedures and policies of Gymshark
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all sensitive matters & adhering to all regulatory legislation
What you’ll need
We’re not about box-ticking, but if this profile speaks to you all the better:
- Working towards an undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study
- Attention to detail
- Technologically proficient and willingness to learn new systems
- Able to communicate clearly at all levels
- Proactive – to go above and beyond and adapt to the changing needs of the team
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively
- Able to work with sensitive data with appropriate confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent Excel skills
- Proficient in the English language
What you’ll get
There’s never been a better time to work for Gymshark. We are growing fast, and we want ambitious people to join us for the ride. We offer a diverse and inclusive culture, a supportive and sociable work environment, plus ample opportunities for professional growth, development and networking.
Not to mention…
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want
💻 A truly Flexible Working Culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great Training and Learning Resources
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
🍎 Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
👉 Free monthly massages
💈 Beauty and Barber facilities
🚘 Free on-site parking
What happens next?
If your application is successful, you'll be invited to take part in a video screening and if successful, you'll be invited to an in person assessment day. Our assessment days will be held at Gymshark HQ, Solihull, UK at the beginning of December.
Job applications open on 11th October 2021 and close on 24th October 2021.
Placement is for 13 months from July 2022.