TALENT & PEOPLE STUDENT PLACEMENTS 2022
From a garage in Birmingham to a global billion-dollar company, Gymshark is constantly evolving. Today, we exist to unite the conditioning community. We pride ourselves on being a team of grafters, innovators and visionaries. But above all else, we are a family. Our family is ambitious and hard-working. We’re committed and consistent. We’re passionate and progressive. Simply put, we’re different.
We are dedicated to finding talented individuals to join our Gymshark family, people that can bring an exemplary level of skill and add to our culture by sharing the same values and beliefs that make us who we are – visionary. If you’ve got something no-one else has, we want you. Be a part of inventing Gymshark’s future.
Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. The people that drive our success and infectious culture each come with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities, background and body. We’re different because we celebrate difference. That’s what the Gymshark family is – diverse, inclusive, equal.
A little bit about the role
We are looking for a university student to join the People team for a 13-month student placement starting in July 2022. You will spend 6 months with the People team and 6 months with Talent team. Our placement role will allow you to spend time across all functions of the business – to promote our culture and enhance the employee experience.
As this role will be involved in a mix of responsibilities, it will give the successful candidate an opportunity to learn and develop their skills in a range of HR activities. This includes supporting the end-to-end employee lifecycle, helping create and develop employee engagement initiatives and gain insight into organisational change programmes.
You will also get an opportunity to gain experience in our busy and vibrant Talent team, to gain exposure to many aspects of Talent such as Talent Acquisition, Employer Branding and Talent Marketing to help shape understanding of the impact of the talent function on an organisation.
What you’ll be doing
You will gain experience in the following areas:
• Supporting the People Partners and People Advisors with employee relations administration
• Support the People Ops Execs and People Advisors with the coordination and communication of any employee engagement initiatives
• Obtain feedback from key stakeholders on any change programmes
• Assist the Performance team with organising internal and external training
• Provide ad hoc administration support as and when required
• Responding and reassigning employee queries from our Q&A system
• Collaboration with the wider People team including, Talent, Development, and Pay & Perks teams, providing support with any upcoming projects
• Support Recruitment: role briefs, advertising, tracking, screening, manage candidate travel if needed and assist with interviewing candidates
• Maintenance of the Talent systems: such as the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and automated video interview platform
• Support the Talent Team to provide a premium hiring manager and candidate experience, make suggestions for how we can evolve
• Coordinate the Hiring Manager onboarding process. including hiring manager systems training and ongoing support
• Support with ad-hoc project work, such as employer branding and the Student Placement development programme.
• Support Hiring Managers with the pre-boarding process for new starters, carry out employment checks, prepare and track employment documentation
• Coordinate Talent events that promote opportunities to students and graduates to drive awareness and position Gymshark as an employer of choice
What you’ll need
We’re not about box-ticking, but if this profile speaks to you all the better:
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in team environment
• Ability to plan and manage time effectively
• In your penultimate year at University on a HR, Psychology, Law or Business-related (or a combined degree of any of these with English) course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year
• You have a passion for working with people and an understanding of how getting this right relates to business success
• Ability to work autonomously and to take initiative in challenging situations
• Willingness to learn
• IT skills, experience in using Microsoft Office
• Proficient in English language
We have 3 Talent & People Student Placement opportunities.
What you’ll get
There’s never been a better time to work for Gymshark. We are growing fast, and we want ambitious people to join us for the ride. We offer a diverse and inclusive culture, a supportive and sociable work environment, plus ample opportunities for professional growth, development and networking.
Not to mention…
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want
💻 A truly Flexible Working Culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great Training and Learning Resources
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
🍎 Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
👉 Free monthly massages
💈 Beauty and Barber facilities
🚘 Free on-site parking
What happens next?
If your application is successful, you'll be invited to take part in a video screening and if successful, you'll be invited to an in person assessment day. Our assessment days will be held at Gymshark HQ, Solihull, UK at the beginning of December.
Job applications open on 11th October 2021 and close on 24th October 2021.
Placement is for 13 months from July 2022.