VIDEOGRAPHER STUDENT PLACEMENT 2022
From a garage in Birmingham to a global billion-dollar company, Gymshark is constantly evolving. Today, we exist to unite the conditioning community. We pride ourselves on being a team of grafters, innovators and visionaries. But above all else, we are a family. Our family is ambitious and hard-working. We’re committed and consistent. We’re passionate and progressive. Simply put, we’re different.
We are dedicated to finding talented individuals to join our Gymshark family, people that can bring an exemplary level of skill and add to our culture by sharing the same values and beliefs that make us who we are – visionary. If you’ve got something no-one else has, we want you. Be a part of inventing Gymshark’s future.
Gymshark is an equal opportunity employer. The people that drive our success and infectious culture each come with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities, background and body. We’re different because we celebrate difference. That’s what the Gymshark family is – diverse, inclusive, equal.
A little bit about the role
When you work for us, you’re more than a placement student – you join our rapidly expanding Gymshark family. We give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster and be the best version of themselves. We work hard, sure, but we have fun while we do it. Sound like you?
We are looking for a second-year university student to join the Creative team as an Intern for a 13-month student placement starting in July 2022. Working closely with the Head of Campaign & Creative, our Creative student placement will allow you to develop your skills within the Creative team, working alongside video, production, retouch, artwork, and campaign functions.
In the Creative team, our student placement offers a huge range of opportunity depending on your skillset, ambitions and willingness to learn; as a member of the Creative team, you will support with taking a concept from initial ideas to a full-fledged campaign, helping to direct and develop along the way. From concept creation and development, art directing photoshoots, developing brand copy, storyboarding videos, location scouting, retouch, postproduction, graphic design, critical path management and more.
We are dedicated to finding the perfect candidate to join our Gymshark family, someone who can bring an exemplary level of skill and add to our culture by sharing the same values and beliefs that make us who we are – visionary.
What you’ll be doing
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Develop a wide knowledge of how a video team operates within a fast-growing business by experiencing first-hand how the video goes from concept to delivery.
- Work with marketing channels to ensure videos are fit for purpose and delivered on time.
- Work with senior videographers to organise video shoots either in the office or on location and support with shoots.
- Gain on-set experience working with large-scale productions and similarly working with stakeholders during postproduction.
- Learn how to shoot and edit specifically for each social media platform and how to create content for a range of purposes - engagement, storytelling and to drive sales for example, with support from senior members of the team.
- Learn best-in-class filming techniques (cameras, grips, lighting, etc.) and editing standards (grading, sound design, exports, etc.) from senior members of the team.
- Get stuck in and work with a fast-paced team on a never-ending list of projects and campaigns
What you'll need
We're not about box-ticking, but if this profile speaks to you all the better:
- Example work or portfolio that demonstrates your skills in video
- Keen interest in video production, with understanding and experience of the key stages of production (pre-production, production, post-production)
- Ability to visualise and develop video concepts, thinking creatively and outside the box to produce something unique and exciting.
- A basic understanding of lighting and operating lighting equipment.
- A basic understanding of audio recording and operating audio equipment.
- Experience in video editing with a social media/mobile-first focus, sourcing music, colour grading, etc. within the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and what great video execution looks like on these platforms (e.g. E.g Instagram post/story/reels, TikTok, Facebook, etc.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively
- Please upload a copy of your portfolio alongside your application.
What you’ll get
There’s never been a better time to work for Gymshark. We are growing fast, and we want ambitious people to join us for the ride. We offer a diverse and inclusive culture, a supportive and sociable work environment, plus ample opportunities for professional growth, development and networking.
Not to mention…
🩺 Full private medical insurance with no excess
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want
💻 A truly Flexible Working Culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great Training and Learning Resources
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
🍎 Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
👉 Free monthly massages
💈 Beauty and Barber facilities
🚘 Free on-site parking
What happens next?
If your application is successful, you'll be invited to take part in a video screening and if successful, you'll be invited to an in person assessment day. Our assessment days will be held at Gymshark HQ, Solihull, UK at the beginning of December.
Job applications open on 11th October 2021 and close on 24th October 2021.
Placement is for 13 months from July 2022.