Senior Wholesale Manager
DeMellier – Senior Wholesale Manager
DeMellier is a fast-growing award-winning designer handbag brand based in London. DeMellier has been awarded twice by the British Luxury Association WALPOLE, recognising its commitment to innovation, craftsmanship and the highest standards of quality. Its handbags have become a favourite among women all over the world, including celebrities such as Beyonce, Irina Shayk, Emily Blunt, and January Jones among others. In addition to its direct-to-consumer business, DeMellier is stocked in leading department stores such as Le Bon Marche, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and Lane Crawford. Beyond creating beautiful products, DeMellier's mission is to be a force of positive influence in the fashion industry. Creating products by women for women, made with integrity while giving back to those less fortunate. For every item sold DeMellier funds vaccines and medical treatments aimed to save the life of a child in need.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a fast-growing designer fashion brand to take its wholesale activity to the next level. The candidate will manage the wholesale department and lead the commercial development of the brand with wholesale partners. The Wholesale Manager will manage the Wholesale & Marketing Coordinator and will report to the Sales & Marketing Director and Founder & Managing Director.
Since launching wholesale 3 years ago, DeMellier has managed to get in many of the leading department stores such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Le Bon Marche, DeBijenkorf, Harvey Nichols, Beams etc.. The role of the new Wholesale Manager is to take this part of the business to the next level, fulfilling the potential that its strong and growing sales volumes show.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Manage the development and implementation of the brand’s wholesale strategy
- Develop the brand’s wholesale distribution network while safeguarding the brand positioning and overall branding strategy, including launching a new product category
- Drive and develop existing direct wholesale partners relationships, growing their wholesale buys and in-store sell-through results
- Manage and coordinate the brand’s wholesale showrooms / agencies (US, Japan) and develop the brand’s wholesale presence by finding potential new agents / showrooms and managing them accordingly
- Find and develop new business opportunities in new territories and with new partners online, offline and with omnichannel partners
- Manage the brand’s direct seasonal sales market and showroom for direct accounts from end to end (find and set up the showroom, invite accounts, welcome buyers and present the collection, etc.) with the help of the Wholesale Coordinator
- Present the collections to the accounts in the brand’s showroom and/or virtually
- Manage and coordinate the timely delivery of the required Wholesale collaterals (linesheets, lookbook) with the relevant teams
- Be in charge of onboarding new accounts with the help of the Wholesale Coordinator and Logistics Manager, and ensuring a perfect experience for wholesale accounts from onboarding to delivery to in-store set up & teams training
- Ensure effective communication with the wholesale partners to ensure all information is provided in a timely, accurate and appropriate way with the help of the Wholesale Coordinator
- Manage ad hoc projects with wholesale showrooms and accounts: exclusive products, pop-up stores or events, stock returns / swaps, marketing activations and campaigns, training, with the help of the Wholesale Coordinator and relevant teams in the business
SALES FORECASTING, REPORTING & ANALYSIS
- Build wholesale forecasts for each season and be responsible to reach sales targets
- Be responsible for and monitor wholesale-related costs and expenses
- Run monthly and seasonal reports for wholesale sales, accounts’ sell-throughs and returns
- Provide ad hoc reports and information to the rest of the business.
- BA or Master’s degree
- 8-10 years Wholesale experience at least, ideally in Fashion or Luxury
- Possesses existing relationships with a network of Fashion & Luxury stores and buyers relevant to the brand
- Great communication skills (oral & written) and able to reach out to potential clients to develop the brand’s wholesale sales as well as establish and maintain excellent relationships with partners
- Excellent team player, proactive, methodical and highly organised with strong interpersonal and people management skills
- A self-starter, comfortable with working independently in an accurate and timely manner with attention to detail and within critical deadlines
- Data driven and analytical, with a strong numerical ability: proficiency in Excel essential
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills
- English, full professional proficiency
- Any additional language a plus.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com