Bethany Williams is a London based clothing and consultancy brand who believe social and environmental change goes hand in hand. We work with local and social manufacturing partners and use upcycled, deadstock or organic materials in our supply chain. We are looking for a garment production manager to lead, coordinate and deliver our wholesale garment production. This is a full-time role based at the Bethany Williams Studio in East London. You will be joining the brand at a point of growth and impact.
Responsibilities and Duties
- For this position we are looking for a caring and empathetic candidate to work closely and mindfully with our local and social manufacturing partners, inline with the tone of the BW brand. This role includes relationship management with our existing partners, client base and suppliers, as well as conducting research into new partners.
- Lead the management and coordination of our biannual garment production orders from point of sale, through to packing and shipping. This will include responsibilities such as organising patterns for grading, the creation of tech packs, organisation of production and carrying out quality checks.
- Implement and oversee a detailed production critical path timetable for all projects working closely with manufacturing partners and suppliers to ensure the Bethany Williams ethos is maintained and deadlines are met.
- Work with the design & development and sales team to ensure accurate and appropriate costing of all products.
- Communicate updates on the production schedule to the wider team so that everyone understands the progress of each project.
- Coordinate production fittings and ensure tech packs are updated and finalised with our partners.
- Oversee quality control and ensure required standards are met each season
- Ongoing research into ethically sourced and produced materials and components to encourage constant improvement of our supply chain.
- Collectively ensure that the studio, patterns, materials and archive samples are maintained and kept organised with the help of the wider team.
- As part of the Bethany Williams studio culture, you will be required to undergo training to volunteer with one of our charitable partners approximately 1 day in every 4-6 weeks.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of clothing manufacturing. This position will require the planning and management of seasonal garment production of orders from pattern making and sampling, through to the production and packing of the orders. This includes working with manufacturers and suppliers directly.
- Garment pattern cutting, construction and sampling skills are an important part of this roll. The position requires garment construction knowledge and use of relevant terminology when communicating with manufacturers.
- Will be required to manage complex projects and multiple relationships with suppliers, clients and social manufacturing partners based in the UK and Italy. Time management, project planning and communication are important to ensure delivery deadlines.
- We are looking for someone who is prepared and open to sharing their knowledge and experience with the wider team, to encourage the growth business.
- Willing and open attitude towards problem solving and taking initiative if something doesn’t go as planned. Due to the nature of our business model we have a complex supply chain with many moving parts, so the ability to make effective decisions and to problem solve are essential attributes.
- Able to work with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign software working with Gmail, Google Drive and Dropbox filing.
- Being part of the Bethany Williams team requires daily versatility. Our team is required to assist and support each other in different areas of the business outside of their main job role. e.g. this may include working on range design development, content creation, press loan management, packaging orders or research creation.
Please send your CV and a 1 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you would be great for the role.