The Retail Specialist engages, develops, cultivates and maintains strong relationships with retailers, to secure attendance for our MAGIC trade show events for both live and digital, with a focus on trend and young contemporary women’s apparel, footwear, and accessories. This role focuses on maintaining and strengthening retail relationships, while identifying new retail targets, through travel and local meetings in the greater Los Angeles area. Working with the VP, Events, they will educate and recruit stores to attend, build customer relationships while supporting sales, marketing and PR with retail-specific information.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Researches new retailers to invite to the live and digital shows; studies market categories, identifies leaders in both the retail roles and targets potential attendees within assigned tiers and segments.
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with key retailers within assigned tier or segment.
- Proactive relationship building with key retention retailers via phone, email, and face to face.
- Responds to retailer inquiries via in person meetings, phone, and e-mail; researches and resolves all questions.
- Working in tandem with Brand team and marketing, contributes to the “voice” of retail relations. Collaborates on the creation of copy and other retail collateral; works with marketing to entice retailer attendance. Provides information for potential new retail attendees including brand listings, hotel rates sheets and other show information.
- Qualifies prospective attendees as retailers and helps them complete the registration process to attend the shows.
- Tracks, updates, and analyzes data regarding retailers In Salesforce.com; provides ongoing retailer information for the sales team including key retailer lists and relevant content about new and returning retailers. Prepares and executes reports and analysis as requested.
- Maintains integrity of the database by continuously updating retailer information.
- Penetrates retail campaigns to drive attendance.
- Sources weekly leads to generate new retailers for our shows.
- Helps manage VIP and buyer programs in partnership with the Retail Ops Specialist and Experience team.
- Coordinates on-site show set-up and execution as needed; Assists with onsite retails programs and events as required.
- Matchmaking with stores and brands to create long lasting business relationships.
- Provides one-on-one Concierge services to VIP retailers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, fashion buying/merchandising or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years retail sales or showroom experience.
- Understanding, knowledge and interest in the fashion industry and retail environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Strong customer service approach.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented, creative and innovative thinker.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Self-starter who knows how to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Existing relationships with key retailers a must.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.